Hurricane shooting victim critical; man charged with attempted murder
HURRICANE — A man shot Tuesday night remained hospitalized in Las Vegas Wednesday in critical condition.
Mike McNaney, 48, was shot at the St. George Horizon Trailer Park about 8 p.m. Prior to the shooting, police received a call that a man was outside McNaney's trailer making threatening comments.
Craig Manwill Bennett, 31, was arrested and charged Wednesday in 5th District Court with attempted murder, a first-degree felony. Inside the trailer, McNaney was found with gunshot wounds to the side of his head and shoulder areas, police said.
Bennett fired multiple rounds with a shotgun at the victim, according to the charges.
He was being held on $100,000 bail.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12