Hurricane shooting victim critical; man charged with attempted murder
HURRICANE — A man shot Tuesday night remained hospitalized in Las Vegas Wednesday in critical condition.
Mike McNaney, 48, was shot at the St. George Horizon Trailer Park about 8 p.m. Prior to the shooting, police received a call that a man was outside McNaney's trailer making threatening comments.
Craig Manwill Bennett, 31, was arrested and charged Wednesday in 5th District Court with attempted murder, a first-degree felony. Inside the trailer, McNaney was found with gunshot wounds to the side of his head and shoulder areas, police said.
Bennett fired multiple rounds with a shotgun at the victim, according to the charges.
He was being held on $100,000 bail.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14