Hurricane shooting victim critical; man charged with attempted murder
HURRICANE — A man shot Tuesday night remained hospitalized in Las Vegas Wednesday in critical condition.
Mike McNaney, 48, was shot at the St. George Horizon Trailer Park about 8 p.m. Prior to the shooting, police received a call that a man was outside McNaney's trailer making threatening comments.
Craig Manwill Bennett, 31, was arrested and charged Wednesday in 5th District Court with attempted murder, a first-degree felony. Inside the trailer, McNaney was found with gunshot wounds to the side of his head and shoulder areas, police said.
Bennett fired multiple rounds with a shotgun at the victim, according to the charges.
He was being held on $100,000 bail.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15