Hurricane shooting victim critical; man charged with attempted murder
HURRICANE — A man shot Tuesday night remained hospitalized in Las Vegas Wednesday in critical condition.
Mike McNaney, 48, was shot at the St. George Horizon Trailer Park about 8 p.m. Prior to the shooting, police received a call that a man was outside McNaney's trailer making threatening comments.
Craig Manwill Bennett, 31, was arrested and charged Wednesday in 5th District Court with attempted murder, a first-degree felony. Inside the trailer, McNaney was found with gunshot wounds to the side of his head and shoulder areas, police said.
Bennett fired multiple rounds with a shotgun at the victim, according to the charges.
He was being held on $100,000 bail.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Residents of six apartments displaced in Salt...
- Man suffers burns in costly West Valley fire...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 28
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 28
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21