Hurricane shooting victim critical; man charged with attempted murder
HURRICANE — A man shot Tuesday night remained hospitalized in Las Vegas Wednesday in critical condition.
Mike McNaney, 48, was shot at the St. George Horizon Trailer Park about 8 p.m. Prior to the shooting, police received a call that a man was outside McNaney's trailer making threatening comments.
Craig Manwill Bennett, 31, was arrested and charged Wednesday in 5th District Court with attempted murder, a first-degree felony. Inside the trailer, McNaney was found with gunshot wounds to the side of his head and shoulder areas, police said.
Bennett fired multiple rounds with a shotgun at the victim, according to the charges.
He was being held on $100,000 bail.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 69
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 47
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13