Cathy Free: Free Lunch: Mystery, romance, killer lasagna served up for the blind at Club Vision
Although nobody reads the UFO news these days, Eileen says she’s up for anything that volunteers care to dish out. Astrology forecasts, weather reports, romances — all are welcome, she says. “We’re not picky — we love it all,” she says. “Bad jokes and all — we’re good listeners.”
Anyone interested in volunteering as a driver or a reader can contact Susan Woolstenhulme at 801-262-3769.
Have a story? Let's hear it over lunch. Email your name, phone number and what you'd like to talk about to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cathy Free has written her Free Lunch column since 1999, believing that everyone has a story worth telling. A longtime western correspondent for People Magazine, she has also worked as a contributing editor for Reader's Digest.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Powell family fires back at recent court...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Windstorm topples trees, trucks, power poles...
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- U. student government passes resolution... 98
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 20
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 20