Cathy Free: Free Lunch: Mystery, romance, killer lasagna served up for the blind at Club Vision
Although nobody reads the UFO news these days, Eileen says she’s up for anything that volunteers care to dish out. Astrology forecasts, weather reports, romances — all are welcome, she says. “We’re not picky — we love it all,” she says. “Bad jokes and all — we’re good listeners.”
Anyone interested in volunteering as a driver or a reader can contact Susan Woolstenhulme at 801-262-3769.
Have a story? Let's hear it over lunch. Email your name, phone number and what you'd like to talk about to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cathy Free has written her Free Lunch column since 1999, believing that everyone has a story worth telling. A longtime western correspondent for People Magazine, she has also worked as a contributing editor for Reader's Digest.
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 74
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24