Sharpen your knives and prepare to make 2013 a delicious year
"THE BEST OF AMERICAN's TEST KITCHEN 2013," America's Test Kitchen, $35, 336 pages (nf)
Each year, the folks at America's Test Kitchen work up hundreds of recipes. Some turn out good, and some not so good, but only the remarkable make it in to their annual collection of "the best".
The clear instructions, informative pictures, and tales of what not to do make it possible for most home cooks to make all of the recipes in the book. For those recipes where you may not have the proper tools, there are notes throughout the book and a resource section in the back which will guide you to the best-in-class of high quality, affordable tools.
America's Test Kitchen takes the time that most of us don't have to perfect the recipes and test the tools so we can look forward to our next adventure in the kitchen.
H Hatfield is a programmer for Deseret Digital Media, has attended culinary school, and sings in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old boy performs 'Do...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- The Clean Cut: Child plays peekaboo with...
- Nonprofit intervention program in Arizona...
- Family of teenage girl with burns on 65...
- After having a baby, dad's brain changes too
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes, but...
- UTubers: Hailey Devine takes fans to Fiji
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 18
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 13
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- As Common Core results trickle in,... 8
- The Clean Cut: Children taste dark... 3
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes,... 3
- Intuition: The sweet spot between... 2
- 13-year-old keeps dad alive after he... 2