NAPERVILLE, Ill. - Utah Valley's Sammie Jensen has been named Great West Conference Women's Basketball Player of the Week after posting two double-doubles in two games last week. The award was announced Tuesday by the league office.
Jensen, a senior from Stansbury Park, Utah, posted two more double-doubles in two games for the Wolverines last week and averaged 17.5 points and 16.5 rebounds. The forward currently leads the nation in double-doubles as she has posted six in six games for UVU this season. The reigning conference player of the year scored 18 points and grabbed 18 rebounds at Sacramento State and then recorded 17 points and 15 boards at home against Long Beach State.
The honor is Jensen's second of the season and second in as many weeks. It is also the seventh of her career.
Others nominated for the weekly honor were Shanice Steenholdt from Houston Baptist and Jasmine Thompson from Texas-Pan American.
James Warnick is an assistant sports information director at Utah Valley University. For more information about Wolverine athletics, visit www.WolverineGreen.com.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 30
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 23
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22