MURRAY — A woman in her 60s suffered a serious leg injury Tuesday in an accident in front of Cottonwood High School.
Just after 9 a.m., a woman was either getting in or getting out of the back seat of a vehicle parked in the shoulder of 1300 East near 5715 South, in front of the school's north parking lot.
The woman was partially in the car when a vehicle drove by and hit the rear door, which was open and partially sticking out into traffic, said Murray police detective Kenny Bass. The impact seriously injured the woman's leg, he said.
The name of the woman was not immediately available. As of Tuesday afternoon, no citations had been issued for the accident.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- Bingham High students walk out over... 82
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 26
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18