MURRAY — A woman in her 60s suffered a serious leg injury Tuesday in an accident in front of Cottonwood High School.
Just after 9 a.m., a woman was either getting in or getting out of the back seat of a vehicle parked in the shoulder of 1300 East near 5715 South, in front of the school's north parking lot.
The woman was partially in the car when a vehicle drove by and hit the rear door, which was open and partially sticking out into traffic, said Murray police detective Kenny Bass. The impact seriously injured the woman's leg, he said.
The name of the woman was not immediately available. As of Tuesday afternoon, no citations had been issued for the accident.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 27
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake... 19