MURRAY — A woman in her 60s suffered a serious leg injury Tuesday in an accident in front of Cottonwood High School.
Just after 9 a.m., a woman was either getting in or getting out of the back seat of a vehicle parked in the shoulder of 1300 East near 5715 South, in front of the school's north parking lot.
The woman was partially in the car when a vehicle drove by and hit the rear door, which was open and partially sticking out into traffic, said Murray police detective Kenny Bass. The impact seriously injured the woman's leg, he said.
The name of the woman was not immediately available. As of Tuesday afternoon, no citations had been issued for the accident.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10