MURRAY — A woman in her 60s suffered a serious leg injury Tuesday in an accident in front of Cottonwood High School.
Just after 9 a.m., a woman was either getting in or getting out of the back seat of a vehicle parked in the shoulder of 1300 East near 5715 South, in front of the school's north parking lot.
The woman was partially in the car when a vehicle drove by and hit the rear door, which was open and partially sticking out into traffic, said Murray police detective Kenny Bass. The impact seriously injured the woman's leg, he said.
The name of the woman was not immediately available. As of Tuesday afternoon, no citations had been issued for the accident.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 60
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 14
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9