MIDVALE — A second person has been arrested in connection with the death of a man at a Midvale apartment complex three months ago.
Amy Rowley, 35, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated robbery. She is accused of being with Gabriel Gurule, 35, when Gurule allegedly shot and killed 31-year-old Justen Len LeFave on Aug. 26 at the Wasatch Club Apartments, 6999 S. State.
The search continued Tuesday for a second woman who police believe was also involved in the incident.
Gurule was arrested Monday for investigation of aggravated murder following three months of collecting evidence and interviews, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. He was found at the Holiday Inn Express, 4465 Century Drive.
Gurule had planned to rob LeFave the night before, according to a jail report. The two had never met, but Gurule reportedly knew of LeFave through a mutual friend, Hoyal said. How the planned robbery turned quickly into a shooting and homicide was still being investigated Tuesday.
About 5:30 a.m. on Aug. 26, two women knocked on LeFave's apartment door. They asked for a person using a fictitious name. When LeFave told the women that person didn't live there, Gurule stepped out from behind the women and shot him, according to police.
LeFave reportedly did not live at the apartment, but rather was sleeping on a couch inside that night. There were other people in the apartment when the shooting occurred.
Hoyal said investigators recovered the murder weapon.
Since the homicide, Gurule has been arrested and charged with unrelated crimes in other jurisdictions.
In October, Gurule was charged in Farmington's 2nd District Court with felony drug possession and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. According to court records, police found methamphetamine and a drug pipe during a traffic stop.
Gurule was convicted of felony drug possession in 2002 and felony simple assault in 1998.
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may have just...
- UVU now the largest university in Utah, new...
- Vernal woman takes plea deal in child abuse case
- Key witness in criminal cases against...
- Federal judge: Tribal court can't hear...
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes...
- Most wanted fugitive arrested in West Valley...
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may... 52
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 30
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 24
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17