MIDVALE — Police made an arrest Monday in connection with the shooting death of a 31-year-old man at a Midvale apartment complex three months ago.
Gabriel Gurule, 35, was arrested without incident about 2 p.m. at a Salt Lake City hotel and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated murder, police said.
Justen Len LeFave was shot and killed Aug. 26, just days before his 32nd birthday, after answering an early morning knock on the door of apartment 1503 at the Wasatch Club Apartments, 6999 S. State, police said.
Police say two women were at the door and asked for someone using a fictitious name. After LeFave told the women the person they asked for didn't live there, police say Gurule stepped out from behind the women and shot him.
LeFave was taken to a local hospital in extremely critical condition and died a short time later.
Police have conducted several interviews and received numerous tips over the past three months, resulting in Gurule's arrest at the Holiday Inn Express, 4465 Century Drive, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. Police say they also recovered the firearm used in the shooting.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Utah bus drivers put safety to the test
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 27
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 26
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12