UVU basketball: Wolverines continue road stretch at North Carolina Central
DURHAM, N.C. – The road-weary Utah Valley University basketball team will play its eighth and final game on the November schedule Tuesday at North Carolina Central. The tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET/5 p.m. MT and can be heard live on 960 AM the Zone.
The Wolverines (3-4) will play seven of their eight games during the month away from the UCCU Center in Orem, including three last week at the CBE Hall of Fame Classic at Santa Clara University.
Tuesday’s contest will be the first of two games between the teams in less than a month’s time. NCCU will be in Orem to close out the pre-Christmas schedule Dec. 22.
Like UVU, NC Central is also 3-4 on the year and is the second school from the MEAC that the Wolverines will face this season.
“North Carolina Central is a scrappy, hustling team and are very well coached,” UVU head coach Dick Hunsaker said. “We know they’re going to come and play with a lot of energy and passion.”
The Eagles lost a low-scoring 38-36 contest to Wagner on Nov. 24 but sit at 2-1 at home at McDougald-McLendon Gym.
Jeremy Ingram leads four players in double figures with 14.0 per game. UVU holds a 2-0 series lead, having won both contests between the teams during the 2007-08 season.
UVU went 1-2 during the Thanksgiving Week tournament, defeating Eastern Washington behind a 25-point night from Ben Aird. The Wolverines dropped a close contest to host Santa Clara before closing out the week with a loss against USC Upstate.
Aird, who leads the team with 13.1 points and 7.3 rebounds per game, was named to the All-Tournament Team.
The Wolverines return home Saturday to host Pepperdine. The game will tip at 7:05 p.m. MT.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37