Steve Eaton: Grateful for those who keep us alive, even if they are poor photographers
While the rest of you were grateful at this time of year for the traditional things like family, warm houses, stuffing and iPhone apps, I’m going to break ranks and be grateful for something no one ever talks about. Today, I’m grateful for doctors and nurses, especially mine, who do this day after day so that the rest of us can live to make up silly vocational things to complain about. They are heroes who never get any credit.
I do have just one suggestion for such medical professionals, however. And I apologize in advance for being too direct. Photography is not a good hobby for you. Try stamp collecting, rugby or rock climbing. Clearly you do not have any good instincts about where to point a camera.
Thank goodness I’m not friends with any of you on Facebook. I would hate to see your vacation pictures.
Steve Eaton lives and works in Logan, Utah. He can be reached at Eatonnews@gmail.com.
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- Julie Andrews missed NBC's live 'Sound of Music'
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Ballet West's 'Nutcracker' a splendid success
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- About Utah: After 72 years, Keith Hottinger...
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9
- Toddler basketball star,... 5
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: What if negative... 4
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt... 3
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition... 2
- Donor offers $5 million to help protect... 1
- Study: Erratic TV violence ratings fail... 1