SANDY — Police have released the name of a man who was killed over the weekend after he drove into a backhoe.
Police say 49-year-old Kevin Freeman, of Sandy, was driving on 9400 South near 850 East about 10:30 p.m. Saturday when he went through a construction area blocked off by cones and collided with a parked backhoe.
Alcohol was believed to be a factor in the crash. Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold said it would be several weeks before toxicology tests from the state medical examiner were completed.
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 58
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 44
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 26
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 22
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17
- Western states to feds: Turn over... 14