SANDY — Police have released the name of a man who was killed over the weekend after he drove into a backhoe.
Police say 49-year-old Kevin Freeman, of Sandy, was driving on 9400 South near 850 East about 10:30 p.m. Saturday when he went through a construction area blocked off by cones and collided with a parked backhoe.
Alcohol was believed to be a factor in the crash. Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold said it would be several weeks before toxicology tests from the state medical examiner were completed.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 34
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 21
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18