Police say woman stabbed boyfriend, took cocaine with her to police station
MURRAY — A Murray woman was arrested after police said she stabbed her live-in boyfriend. Later, detectives interviewing her at the police station said they found cocaine in her pocket.
Jennifer Christine Albor, 34, was arrested Friday and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of attempted homicide, drug possession and domestic violence in the presence of a child.
According to a jail report, Albor and her live-in boyfriend were fighting. Albor was being assaulted by the boyfriend, according to the report. That's when she grabbed a knife and stabbed him "while he was trying to defend himself," the report said.
The man was stabbed in the back, according to the probable cause statement. He suffered injuries that were not life-threatening.
After Albor was taken to police headquarters for questioning, detectives said they discovered a "large quantity of cocaine" in her pants pocket. She also admitted to using cocaine the night leading up to the incident, the report said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7