Police say woman stabbed boyfriend, took cocaine with her to police station
MURRAY — A Murray woman was arrested after police said she stabbed her live-in boyfriend. Later, detectives interviewing her at the police station said they found cocaine in her pocket.
Jennifer Christine Albor, 34, was arrested Friday and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of attempted homicide, drug possession and domestic violence in the presence of a child.
According to a jail report, Albor and her live-in boyfriend were fighting. Albor was being assaulted by the boyfriend, according to the report. That's when she grabbed a knife and stabbed him "while he was trying to defend himself," the report said.
The man was stabbed in the back, according to the probable cause statement. He suffered injuries that were not life-threatening.
After Albor was taken to police headquarters for questioning, detectives said they discovered a "large quantity of cocaine" in her pants pocket. She also admitted to using cocaine the night leading up to the incident, the report said.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 36
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 21
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 18
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17