Police say woman stabbed boyfriend, took cocaine with her to police station
MURRAY — A Murray woman was arrested after police said she stabbed her live-in boyfriend. Later, detectives interviewing her at the police station said they found cocaine in her pocket.
Jennifer Christine Albor, 34, was arrested Friday and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of attempted homicide, drug possession and domestic violence in the presence of a child.
According to a jail report, Albor and her live-in boyfriend were fighting. Albor was being assaulted by the boyfriend, according to the report. That's when she grabbed a knife and stabbed him "while he was trying to defend himself," the report said.
The man was stabbed in the back, according to the probable cause statement. He suffered injuries that were not life-threatening.
After Albor was taken to police headquarters for questioning, detectives said they discovered a "large quantity of cocaine" in her pants pocket. She also admitted to using cocaine the night leading up to the incident, the report said.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16