Police say woman stabbed boyfriend, took cocaine with her to police station
MURRAY — A Murray woman was arrested after police said she stabbed her live-in boyfriend. Later, detectives interviewing her at the police station said they found cocaine in her pocket.
Jennifer Christine Albor, 34, was arrested Friday and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of attempted homicide, drug possession and domestic violence in the presence of a child.
According to a jail report, Albor and her live-in boyfriend were fighting. Albor was being assaulted by the boyfriend, according to the report. That's when she grabbed a knife and stabbed him "while he was trying to defend himself," the report said.
The man was stabbed in the back, according to the probable cause statement. He suffered injuries that were not life-threatening.
After Albor was taken to police headquarters for questioning, detectives said they discovered a "large quantity of cocaine" in her pants pocket. She also admitted to using cocaine the night leading up to the incident, the report said.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 123
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9