Police say woman stabbed boyfriend, took cocaine with her to police station
MURRAY — A Murray woman was arrested after police said she stabbed her live-in boyfriend. Later, detectives interviewing her at the police station said they found cocaine in her pocket.
Jennifer Christine Albor, 34, was arrested Friday and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of attempted homicide, drug possession and domestic violence in the presence of a child.
According to a jail report, Albor and her live-in boyfriend were fighting. Albor was being assaulted by the boyfriend, according to the report. That's when she grabbed a knife and stabbed him "while he was trying to defend himself," the report said.
The man was stabbed in the back, according to the probable cause statement. He suffered injuries that were not life-threatening.
After Albor was taken to police headquarters for questioning, detectives said they discovered a "large quantity of cocaine" in her pants pocket. She also admitted to using cocaine the night leading up to the incident, the report said.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13