Uintah County Sheriff's Department
LAPOINT, Uintah County — An early morning crash killed a teenager Sunday, according to the Uintah County Sheriff's Department.
The 17-year-old boy and another juvenile were traveling south of Lapoint near 4000 North and 9500 East about 3:30 a.m. when the car they were in slid off a dirt road. The car rolled once, ejecting the 17-year-old, said Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Brian Fletcher.
The teen who was ejected died at the scene, Fletcher said. He was identified in his obituary as Skyler Christensen of Fort Duchesne.
The other juvenile in the car suffered cuts and bruises, Fletcher said.
Investigators are still trying to determine who was driving when the crash occurred and what caused the crash.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- About Utah: How this Utahn turned a chance...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 65
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18