Uintah County Sheriff's Department
LAPOINT, Uintah County — An early morning crash killed a teenager Sunday, according to the Uintah County Sheriff's Department.
The 17-year-old boy and another juvenile were traveling south of Lapoint near 4000 North and 9500 East about 3:30 a.m. when the car they were in slid off a dirt road. The car rolled once, ejecting the 17-year-old, said Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Brian Fletcher.
The teen who was ejected died at the scene, Fletcher said. He was identified in his obituary as Skyler Christensen of Fort Duchesne.
The other juvenile in the car suffered cuts and bruises, Fletcher said.
Investigators are still trying to determine who was driving when the crash occurred and what caused the crash.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15