Uintah County Sheriff's Department
LAPOINT, Uintah County — An early morning crash killed a teenager Sunday, according to the Uintah County Sheriff's Department.
The 17-year-old boy and another juvenile were traveling south of Lapoint near 4000 North and 9500 East about 3:30 a.m. when the car they were in slid off a dirt road. The car rolled once, ejecting the 17-year-old, said Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Brian Fletcher.
The teen who was ejected died at the scene, Fletcher said. He was identified in his obituary as Skyler Christensen of Fort Duchesne.
The other juvenile in the car suffered cuts and bruises, Fletcher said.
Investigators are still trying to determine who was driving when the crash occurred and what caused the crash.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 37
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22