Uintah County Sheriff's Department
LAPOINT, Uintah County — An early morning crash killed a teenager Sunday, according to the Uintah County Sheriff's Department.
The 17-year-old boy and another juvenile were traveling south of Lapoint near 4000 North and 9500 East about 3:30 a.m. when the car they were in slid off a dirt road. The car rolled once, ejecting the 17-year-old, said Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Brian Fletcher.
The teen who was ejected died at the scene, Fletcher said. He was identified in his obituary as Skyler Christensen of Fort Duchesne.
The other juvenile in the car suffered cuts and bruises, Fletcher said.
Investigators are still trying to determine who was driving when the crash occurred and what caused the crash.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17