Uintah County Sheriff's Department
LAPOINT, Uintah County — An early morning crash killed a teenager Sunday, according to the Uintah County Sheriff's Department.
The 17-year-old boy and another juvenile were traveling south of Lapoint near 4000 North and 9500 East about 3:30 a.m. when the car they were in slid off a dirt road. The car rolled once, ejecting the 17-year-old, said Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Brian Fletcher.
The teen who was ejected died at the scene, Fletcher said. He was identified in his obituary as Skyler Christensen of Fort Duchesne.
The other juvenile in the car suffered cuts and bruises, Fletcher said.
Investigators are still trying to determine who was driving when the crash occurred and what caused the crash.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 96
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9