Baltic Missionary Moments
Mission release: “It truly is the strangest feeling to be totally surrounded in the chaos of missionary work, only to find yourself in an airplane going home the very next day," writes a blogger on Enduring to the End. "I flew out like a thief in the night, covered in darkness and stars until I was eye level with them both — and I stared out into that infinite expanse for some time. I cannot explain everything that passed through my mind in that moment. It began with an overwhelming loneliness that ended with a divine gratitude that I survived and overcame everything I passed through.” This blogger, whom I started following before her mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints began, is now home, and she uses technology to beatifully describe her feelings of being a newly released Mormon missionary. Her post, titled "Paradox is no longer Sister Doyle," also contains her Portuguese-language testimony. I love it!
Mission FHE: I love getting glimpses of how other countries implement LDS Church programs. In a blog post on Baltic Missionary Memories, we get a description of family home evening — "Estonia style" — complete with photos showing how young single adults crammed into a small senior missionary couple's apartment just to be a part of the Mormon Monday night tradition.
Mission temple: Bill & Mary's Blog: Words from the mission field has been following the construction of the Fort Lauderdale Florida Temple and share some updated photos, including some close-ups of the magnificent blue stained-glass windows. Looks like it will be another gorgeous temple.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- LDS apostles return to southern South America...
- Faith sustained author through rejection,...
- Home-school culture shifting away from...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 58
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 49
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 35
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 27
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20