Baltic Missionary Moments
Mission release: “It truly is the strangest feeling to be totally surrounded in the chaos of missionary work, only to find yourself in an airplane going home the very next day," writes a blogger on Enduring to the End. "I flew out like a thief in the night, covered in darkness and stars until I was eye level with them both — and I stared out into that infinite expanse for some time. I cannot explain everything that passed through my mind in that moment. It began with an overwhelming loneliness that ended with a divine gratitude that I survived and overcame everything I passed through.” This blogger, whom I started following before her mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints began, is now home, and she uses technology to beatifully describe her feelings of being a newly released Mormon missionary. Her post, titled "Paradox is no longer Sister Doyle," also contains her Portuguese-language testimony. I love it!
Mission FHE: I love getting glimpses of how other countries implement LDS Church programs. In a blog post on Baltic Missionary Memories, we get a description of family home evening — "Estonia style" — complete with photos showing how young single adults crammed into a small senior missionary couple's apartment just to be a part of the Mormon Monday night tradition.
Mission temple: Bill & Mary's Blog: Words from the mission field has been following the construction of the Fort Lauderdale Florida Temple and share some updated photos, including some close-ups of the magnificent blue stained-glass windows. Looks like it will be another gorgeous temple.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Defending the Faith: Joseph Smith, the stone,...
- Why I don’t call myself a ‘Mormon...
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- 18 must-see attractions on and around Temple...
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore chain says
- Significant LDS Church history discovery made
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Finding faith in an anatomy lab
- Why I don’t call myself a... 86
- Defending the Faith: Joseph Smith, the... 85
- Hamblin & Peterson: Do religions try to... 52
- What Mormons should know about NBC's... 51
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 29
- Kara Tippetts, Christian who blogged... 24
- Why Ted Cruz launched his presidential... 17
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17