Utah State football: Aggies crush Idaho, achieve 10-win season and outright WAC title
LOGAN — The Utah State Aggies are outright conference champions for the first time since 1936 after throttling the Idaho Vandals 45-9 Saturday afternoon.
Running back Kerwynn Williams had 110 yards on 17 carries with one touchdown for the WAC champions, and quarterback Chuckie Keeton had 133 passing yards and two touchdowns.
But the Aggie defense really shone on the day, including a 59-yard interception return for a touchdown by Aggie defensive back Will Davis. Utah State forced four turnovers.
Idaho (1-11, 1-5 WAC) managed just 210 yards of total offense. Vandal quarterback Taylor Davis completed 10-of-23 passes for only 49 yards with three interceptions.
Utah State (10-2, 6-0 WAC) will play in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on Dec. 15.
Email: Lshumway@desnews.com; Twitter: TheShums
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27