Utah State football: Aggies crush Idaho, achieve 10-win season and outright WAC title
LOGAN — The Utah State Aggies are outright conference champions for the first time since 1936 after throttling the Idaho Vandals 45-9 Saturday afternoon.
Running back Kerwynn Williams had 110 yards on 17 carries with one touchdown for the WAC champions, and quarterback Chuckie Keeton had 133 passing yards and two touchdowns.
But the Aggie defense really shone on the day, including a 59-yard interception return for a touchdown by Aggie defensive back Will Davis. Utah State forced four turnovers.
Idaho (1-11, 1-5 WAC) managed just 210 yards of total offense. Vandal quarterback Taylor Davis completed 10-of-23 passes for only 49 yards with three interceptions.
Utah State (10-2, 6-0 WAC) will play in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on Dec. 15.
Email: Lshumway@desnews.com; Twitter: TheShums
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30