Utah State football: Aggies crush Idaho, achieve 10-win season and outright WAC title
LOGAN — The Utah State Aggies are outright conference champions for the first time since 1936 after throttling the Idaho Vandals 45-9 Saturday afternoon.
Running back Kerwynn Williams had 110 yards on 17 carries with one touchdown for the WAC champions, and quarterback Chuckie Keeton had 133 passing yards and two touchdowns.
But the Aggie defense really shone on the day, including a 59-yard interception return for a touchdown by Aggie defensive back Will Davis. Utah State forced four turnovers.
Idaho (1-11, 1-5 WAC) managed just 210 yards of total offense. Vandal quarterback Taylor Davis completed 10-of-23 passes for only 49 yards with three interceptions.
Utah State (10-2, 6-0 WAC) will play in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on Dec. 15.
Email: Lshumway@desnews.com; Twitter: TheShums
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16