Utah State football: Aggies crush Idaho, achieve 10-win season and outright WAC title
LOGAN — The Utah State Aggies are outright conference champions for the first time since 1936 after throttling the Idaho Vandals 45-9 Saturday afternoon.
Running back Kerwynn Williams had 110 yards on 17 carries with one touchdown for the WAC champions, and quarterback Chuckie Keeton had 133 passing yards and two touchdowns.
But the Aggie defense really shone on the day, including a 59-yard interception return for a touchdown by Aggie defensive back Will Davis. Utah State forced four turnovers.
Idaho (1-11, 1-5 WAC) managed just 210 yards of total offense. Vandal quarterback Taylor Davis completed 10-of-23 passes for only 49 yards with three interceptions.
Utah State (10-2, 6-0 WAC) will play in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on Dec. 15.
Email: Lshumway@desnews.com; Twitter: TheShums
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14