Utah State football: Aggies crush Idaho, achieve 10-win season and outright WAC title
LOGAN — The Utah State Aggies are outright conference champions for the first time since 1936 after throttling the Idaho Vandals 45-9 Saturday afternoon.
Running back Kerwynn Williams had 110 yards on 17 carries with one touchdown for the WAC champions, and quarterback Chuckie Keeton had 133 passing yards and two touchdowns.
But the Aggie defense really shone on the day, including a 59-yard interception return for a touchdown by Aggie defensive back Will Davis. Utah State forced four turnovers.
Idaho (1-11, 1-5 WAC) managed just 210 yards of total offense. Vandal quarterback Taylor Davis completed 10-of-23 passes for only 49 yards with three interceptions.
Utah State (10-2, 6-0 WAC) will play in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on Dec. 15.
Email: Lshumway@desnews.com; Twitter: TheShums
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22