Customer stabbed after trying to stop restaurant robbery
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for a man who stabbed a customer who was trying to stop him from robbing a restaurant Friday night.
The suspect was attempting to rob the El Asadero restaurant, 1011 W. North Temple, shortly after 9 p.m. Friday when the customer interceded, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Brian Purvis.
"The customer got stabbed for his troubles," Purvis said. The man was taken to a hospital in stable condition.
Purvis said the suspect remains at large and is described as a man who was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and a mask who may have left the scene on a bicycle.
The owner of El Asadero, Margarito Parra, said that the suspect held a knife to the cashier's throat before taking all of the money in the cash register and leaving the restaurant.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12