Customer stabbed after trying to stop restaurant robbery
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for a man who stabbed a customer who was trying to stop him from robbing a restaurant Friday night.
The suspect was attempting to rob the El Asadero restaurant, 1011 W. North Temple, shortly after 9 p.m. Friday when the customer interceded, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Brian Purvis.
"The customer got stabbed for his troubles," Purvis said. The man was taken to a hospital in stable condition.
Purvis said the suspect remains at large and is described as a man who was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and a mask who may have left the scene on a bicycle.
The owner of El Asadero, Margarito Parra, said that the suspect held a knife to the cashier's throat before taking all of the money in the cash register and leaving the restaurant.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14