Customer stabbed after trying to stop restaurant robbery
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for a man who stabbed a customer who was trying to stop him from robbing a restaurant Friday night.
The suspect was attempting to rob the El Asadero restaurant, 1011 W. North Temple, shortly after 9 p.m. Friday when the customer interceded, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Brian Purvis.
"The customer got stabbed for his troubles," Purvis said. The man was taken to a hospital in stable condition.
Purvis said the suspect remains at large and is described as a man who was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and a mask who may have left the scene on a bicycle.
The owner of El Asadero, Margarito Parra, said that the suspect held a knife to the cashier's throat before taking all of the money in the cash register and leaving the restaurant.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29