BYU men's basketball: Cougars to take on Cal State Northridge
PROVO — The BYU men's basketball team takes on undefeated Cal State Northridge at the Marriott Center tonight at 7 MST.
The Matadors are 6-0 on the year with wins over such teams as San Diego, Pepperdine and Tulsa. They're led by hot-shooting guard Stephan Hicks, who averages 17.3 points per game and shoots 43 percent from 3-point range.
The Cougars are 3-2 following a win over University of Texas San Antonio on Wednesday. BYU is led by forwards Brandon Davies and Tyler Haws and is 4-0 all-time vs. UCSN.
Top national recruit Jabari Parker is on his official visit to BYU and is expected to attend tonight's game. In anticipation of his visit, fans and students have printed 6,300 T-shirts titled "From Chicago to Provo" and have planned other overtures in an effort to make Parker feel wanted.
Parker has BYU listed as one of the five schools he's considering signing with along with Duke, Michigan State, Stanford and Florida. Most recruiting services list Parker as their No. 1 or No. 2 recruit nationally.
While cheering for a recruit or making T-shirts is not in direct violation of NCAA guidelines, the organization does stipulate that fans and media are not to directly contact a recruit while on campus.
Cougars on the air
Game: BYU vs. Cal State Northridge
Time: 7 p.m. at the Marriott Center
Radio: KSL 1160am/102.7FM and Sirius XM 143
- Cougars set to face Aggie QB Keeton in his...
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best shot...
- Utah State denies David Collette's release,...
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected 75-68...
- Jazz beat Clippers 102-91 to snap 13-game...
- Utah State students plan a 'beard out' for...
- Fan shows his long-distance, lifelong loyalty...
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 57
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 50
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 41
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 35
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 32
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31