BYU men's basketball: Cougars to take on Cal State Northridge
PROVO — The BYU men's basketball team takes on undefeated Cal State Northridge at the Marriott Center tonight at 7 MST.
The Matadors are 6-0 on the year with wins over such teams as San Diego, Pepperdine and Tulsa. They're led by hot-shooting guard Stephan Hicks, who averages 17.3 points per game and shoots 43 percent from 3-point range.
The Cougars are 3-2 following a win over University of Texas San Antonio on Wednesday. BYU is led by forwards Brandon Davies and Tyler Haws and is 4-0 all-time vs. UCSN.
Top national recruit Jabari Parker is on his official visit to BYU and is expected to attend tonight's game. In anticipation of his visit, fans and students have printed 6,300 T-shirts titled "From Chicago to Provo" and have planned other overtures in an effort to make Parker feel wanted.
Parker has BYU listed as one of the five schools he's considering signing with along with Duke, Michigan State, Stanford and Florida. Most recruiting services list Parker as their No. 1 or No. 2 recruit nationally.
While cheering for a recruit or making T-shirts is not in direct violation of NCAA guidelines, the organization does stipulate that fans and media are not to directly contact a recruit while on campus.
Cougars on the air
Game: BYU vs. Cal State Northridge
Time: 7 p.m. at the Marriott Center
Radio: KSL 1160am/102.7FM and Sirius XM 143
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- BYU reaches 9-win plateau, hoping for bowl...
- Utah Jazz excited for a crack at undefeated...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- BYU football what you may have missed: Not...
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 109
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 70
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 64
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 46
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 36
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 36
- BYU reaches 9-win plateau, hoping for... 33