Utah Utes volleyball: Utes take four-set Senior Day win over Colorado
For the second straight set, the Utes took four of the opening five points before the Buffaloes. Utah worked its way to a four-point lead at 11-7 before a 5-1 CU run tied the set for the second time at 12 points apiece. The set was even four more times (16-16) before CU grabbed its first lead of the set at 18-16. The visitors led by as many as three (22-19) before back-to-back Ute blocks, a CU attack error and two consecutive Redd kills completed Utah’s 6-1 set-ending-stretch gave the home team a 25-23 victory. Morgan Odale, Schofield and Redd had three kills apiece as Utah outblocked CU, 4.0 to 0.0.
There would be four ties to start the fourth before the Utes grabbed a 9-4 advantage after putting together a 5-0 run. Utah extended its lead to as many as nine (20-11) on the way to a 25-16 match-clinching victory. Schofield and Redd each turned in four kills apiece in the finale as the Utes hit .303, compared to a .079 mark for the Buffaloes. Utah also outblocked its foes, 5.0 to 1.0.
Colorado (14-18, 4-16 Pac-12) was led by a 14-kill, seven-dig performance by Alexis Austin.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Prognosticating, for fun, a bright BYU...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 73
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34