Westminster basketball: Women hold off EOU for fifth straight win
CALDWELL, Idaho – Kelsea Hurliman’s three-pointer at the buzzer rimmed out, as the Westminster College women’s basketball team hung on for a 60-59 victory over Eastern Oregon University in Game 1 of the Best Western Caldwell Inn and Suites Lady Yote Classic inside the J.A. Albertson Activities Center.
In a battle of Top-10 teams, the Griffins (5-1), ranked No. 5 in the NAIA Division I, rallied from a five-point second half deficit to defeat the NAIA Division II No. 10 ranked Mountaineers (6-2).
Allie Eastman led Westminster with 20 points, as the Griffins hit 9-of-19 three-point attempts. Nicole Yazzie had 15 points and Cydney Tibbetts added 14 points and eight rebounds.
Brooke Randall had 18 points for Eastern. EOU forced 21 turnovers.
Westminster will complete the trip Saturday when it faces the host College of Idaho at 7 p.m.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34