Westminster basketball: Women hold off EOU for fifth straight win
CALDWELL, Idaho – Kelsea Hurliman’s three-pointer at the buzzer rimmed out, as the Westminster College women’s basketball team hung on for a 60-59 victory over Eastern Oregon University in Game 1 of the Best Western Caldwell Inn and Suites Lady Yote Classic inside the J.A. Albertson Activities Center.
In a battle of Top-10 teams, the Griffins (5-1), ranked No. 5 in the NAIA Division I, rallied from a five-point second half deficit to defeat the NAIA Division II No. 10 ranked Mountaineers (6-2).
Allie Eastman led Westminster with 20 points, as the Griffins hit 9-of-19 three-point attempts. Nicole Yazzie had 15 points and Cydney Tibbetts added 14 points and eight rebounds.
Brooke Randall had 18 points for Eastern. EOU forced 21 turnovers.
Westminster will complete the trip Saturday when it faces the host College of Idaho at 7 p.m.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19