Westminster basketball: Women hold off EOU for fifth straight win
CALDWELL, Idaho – Kelsea Hurliman’s three-pointer at the buzzer rimmed out, as the Westminster College women’s basketball team hung on for a 60-59 victory over Eastern Oregon University in Game 1 of the Best Western Caldwell Inn and Suites Lady Yote Classic inside the J.A. Albertson Activities Center.
In a battle of Top-10 teams, the Griffins (5-1), ranked No. 5 in the NAIA Division I, rallied from a five-point second half deficit to defeat the NAIA Division II No. 10 ranked Mountaineers (6-2).
Allie Eastman led Westminster with 20 points, as the Griffins hit 9-of-19 three-point attempts. Nicole Yazzie had 15 points and Cydney Tibbetts added 14 points and eight rebounds.
Brooke Randall had 18 points for Eastern. EOU forced 21 turnovers.
Westminster will complete the trip Saturday when it faces the host College of Idaho at 7 p.m.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16