Westminster basketball: Women hold off EOU for fifth straight win
CALDWELL, Idaho – Kelsea Hurliman’s three-pointer at the buzzer rimmed out, as the Westminster College women’s basketball team hung on for a 60-59 victory over Eastern Oregon University in Game 1 of the Best Western Caldwell Inn and Suites Lady Yote Classic inside the J.A. Albertson Activities Center.
In a battle of Top-10 teams, the Griffins (5-1), ranked No. 5 in the NAIA Division I, rallied from a five-point second half deficit to defeat the NAIA Division II No. 10 ranked Mountaineers (6-2).
Allie Eastman led Westminster with 20 points, as the Griffins hit 9-of-19 three-point attempts. Nicole Yazzie had 15 points and Cydney Tibbetts added 14 points and eight rebounds.
Brooke Randall had 18 points for Eastern. EOU forced 21 turnovers.
Westminster will complete the trip Saturday when it faces the host College of Idaho at 7 p.m.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48