Westminster basketball: Women hold off EOU for fifth straight win
CALDWELL, Idaho – Kelsea Hurliman’s three-pointer at the buzzer rimmed out, as the Westminster College women’s basketball team hung on for a 60-59 victory over Eastern Oregon University in Game 1 of the Best Western Caldwell Inn and Suites Lady Yote Classic inside the J.A. Albertson Activities Center.
In a battle of Top-10 teams, the Griffins (5-1), ranked No. 5 in the NAIA Division I, rallied from a five-point second half deficit to defeat the NAIA Division II No. 10 ranked Mountaineers (6-2).
Allie Eastman led Westminster with 20 points, as the Griffins hit 9-of-19 three-point attempts. Nicole Yazzie had 15 points and Cydney Tibbetts added 14 points and eight rebounds.
Brooke Randall had 18 points for Eastern. EOU forced 21 turnovers.
Westminster will complete the trip Saturday when it faces the host College of Idaho at 7 p.m.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 125
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 76
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 52
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33