The Utes lead Colorado 17-14 despite accumulating just 130 yards of total offense, compared to 179 for the turnover-plagued Buffalos.
The Utes scored first on a 16-yard touchdown pass from Travis Wilson to Dres Anderson after Colorado's Nick Hirschman threw an interception on the second play from scrimmage.
The Buffalos would answer with a touchdown drive of their own, marching 75 yards for the score. The drive ended with an 8-yard touchdown pass from Hirschman to Nelson Spruce.
The Utes would later add 10 points off two additional Colorado turnovers. But Colorado would answer with a 78-yard touchdown drive late in the second half to bring the Buffalos within three.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25