The Utes lead Colorado 17-14 despite accumulating just 130 yards of total offense, compared to 179 for the turnover-plagued Buffalos.
The Utes scored first on a 16-yard touchdown pass from Travis Wilson to Dres Anderson after Colorado's Nick Hirschman threw an interception on the second play from scrimmage.
The Buffalos would answer with a touchdown drive of their own, marching 75 yards for the score. The drive ended with an 8-yard touchdown pass from Hirschman to Nelson Spruce.
The Utes would later add 10 points off two additional Colorado turnovers. But Colorado would answer with a 78-yard touchdown drive late in the second half to bring the Buffalos within three.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26