UVU softball: Wolverines ink two to National Letters of Intent
OREM, Utah – Utah Valley University interim softball coach Rachel Hartgrove announced Wednesday that she signed two recruits to National Letters of Intent during the early signing period.
Josie Flores (Ceres, Calif./Central Catholic HS) and Bailey Moore (Ely, Nev./White Pine HS) will both be Wolverines beginning in the fall of 2013.
"Both Josie and Bailey will bring a lot of excitement to our program," Hartgrove said. "Both have already developed that feeling of excitement of being a UVU student-athlete. I can't tell you how many times they have told me just how excited they are about becoming part of the Wolverine family."
Flores is a 5-foot-5 outfielder at Central Catholic High School in Modesto, Calif. She is a three-time All-WAC First Team selection and a three-time WAC Scholar Athlete. She also has helped her high school team to the CIF playoffs twice and has been a two-time team captain and team MVP.
Flores was also recruited by Santa Clara and Lehigh.
"Josie will be a great addition to the program," Hartgrove said. "She has a great ability to put the bat on the ball and put it where she wants to. She will add depth in our outfield and depth to the lineup with a left-handed bat."
Moore is a 5-9 pitcher at White Pine High School in Ely, Nev. She was named the Elko Daily Free Press Softball Player of the Year last year. She is also a two-time first team All-State selection and a Nevada State Scholar Athlete who helped her team finish second at State in 2011 and third in 2012.
"Bailey comes from a small community in Nevada and will bring good depth to our pitching staff," Hartgrove said. "She really impressed us in our summer fundamentals camp with her velocity from the circle."
James Warnick is an assistant sports information director at Utah Valley University. For more information about Wolverine athletics, visit www.WolverineGreen.com.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things to ponder as the Aggies head to fall...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21