Book review: 'Deliberate Motherhood' shares inspiring essays to uplift and inspire all mothers
"DELIBERATE MOTHERHOOD: 12 Key Powers of Peace, Purpose, Order and Joy," compiled by The Power of Moms, 272 pages, $15.95 (nf)
Every mom has probably read numerous books about motherhood, parenting and how to do it all better. Frequently, such books leave moms feeling overwhelmed, stressed and more frustrated than when they started reading.
"Deliberate Motherhood: 12 Key Powers of Peace, Purpose, Order and Joy," compiled by the women behind The Power of Moms website at powerofmoms.com, breaks the mold. This book for mothers is genuine, motivating and uplifting.
The compilation of essays is written by more than 60 mothers with real struggles all moms can relate to in one way or another. Their stories are humorous, touching, relevant, and most importantly, inspiring. The authors recognize that motherhood is hard. Their focus is on helping mothers identify the powers of motherhood. They illustrate 12 "key powers," which they divide into four categories.
The first category is peace and includes the powers of acceptance, love and patience.
Purpose is the second category and encompasses the powers of individuality, intention and progress.
The powers of balance, priorites and organization are in the category of order.
And joy, the final category, includes the powers of fun, optimism and moments.
The contributors — mothers from across the country — eloquently and successfully portray each of these powers through their essays, stories and experiences. The women are from diverse backgrounds, different families and lives in varying circumstances. Some are married while others are single parents, yet they all share one common goal: to be a "deliberate mother."
According to the authors, deliberate motherhood " means that you really think about what you do as a mom. You really care about your family and want the best for them. Plus you want to learn and grow and develop yourself as a person through the experience of motherhood. You live life purposefully. You embrace what you uniquely bring to your family."
This is a book for all moms. "Deliberate Motherhood: 12 Key Powers of Peace, Purpose, Order and Joy" shares a new outlook on enjoying motherhood and the associated responsibilities.
- 'The People vs. OJ Simpson' is better than it...
- A black-and-white Valentine’s Day:...
- Chris Hicks: Academy Award rules change to...
- Down with love: 9 movies to celebrate Singles...
- 'Hail, Caesar!' struggles to hit a rhythm in...
- 'Zoolander 2' is too little too late for Blue...
- Utah Museum of Contemporary Art tackles...
- Chris Hicks: Several 2015 theatrical films...
- 'Hail, Caesar!' struggles to hit a... 2
- Down with love: 9 movies to celebrate... 2
- Utah Museum of Contemporary Art tackles... 0
- Game Review: Tumult Royale: It's tough... 0
- A black-and-white Valentine’s... 0
- Chris Hicks: Academy Award rules change... 0
- Gentri to perform in Valentine's Day... 0
- 'Zoolander 2' is too little too late... 0