Charitable giving the central theme to Pioneer Theatre Company’s ‘Christmas Carol’ musical
On Broadway, Earley created the Ernest Defarge character in “A Tale of Two Cities” and off-Broadway, he opened “Death Takes a Holiday” in the lead role of Death. His other Broadway credits include “Les Misérables” and “Thoroughly Modern Millie.”
“A Christmas Carol: the Musical” has brought great personal satisfaction to Azenberg as the show’s director and choreographer.
“This has been a really great opportunity for me to assemble this group of performers, many of whom I knew before, and bring them here to my new home and my new home theater at the same time and in the same place to do this great, fun piece,” she says. “It’s cool to walk into the rehearsal room with all these tremendously talented people who are so enthusiastic and excited to be a part of this project.”
In her collaborations since joining Pioneer Theatre last May, Azenberg has created a strong artistic community. The joy of being part of a vibrant community was seen in the previous production of “In the Heights.”
“And to some extent this will carry over to ‘Clybourne Park’ certainly and even into ‘Les Miserables,’ ” she says. “The shows are about community and how your family and your community can in certain cases intertwine themselves.”
As part of its production of “A Christmas Carol: the Musical,” Pioneer Theatre is asking patrons to bring nonperishable food items to the theater lobby to be donated to the Utah Food Bank. For each pound of food donated, Wells Fargo will donate $1 to the charitable organization, up to $10,000.
If you go
What: “A Christmas Carol: the Musical”
Where: Pioneer Theatre Company
When: Nov. 30-Dec. 15
How much: $38-$59 in advance or $5 more day of show, with half-price tickets for children over age 5 through grade 12 on Mondays and Tuesdays
Tickets: 801-581-6961 or pioneertheatre.org
- Broadway composer Frank Wildhorn visits...
- Book review: Long-awaited 'Raven King' ends...
- Five for Families: Live-action Disney films...
- Utah Opera to explore love in Mozart's...
- Video game adaptation 'Ratchet & Clank' has...
- Dan Wells talks about right, wrong in horror...
- 'Mother's Day' means well but misses its mark...
- Book review: 'The Nest' turns dreams and...
- Chris Hicks: 18 of Cary Grant's... 1
- 'Mother's Day' means well but misses... 1
- Dan Wells talks about right, wrong in... 1
- Utah Symphony gets standing ovation at... 1
- Utah Symphony to perform at Carnegie... 0
- Chris Hicks: Sweet, insightful... 0
- Fred Hersch Trio returns to S.L. after... 0
- Five for Families: Live-action Disney... 0