What's new: 'Once Upon a Christmas' and 'Good King Wenceslas'
Actress Jane Seymour and baritone Nathan Gunn were featured in the 2011 Christmas concert of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square. Their performances are in the recently released CD and DVD “Once Upon a Christmas.” (It's also available in Blu-ray and MP3 downloads.) The songs vary from traditional, festive carols to religious ones, and also include an organ solo from Richard Elliot of “Shepherd’s Dance.”
Gunn performs in seven of the 14 songs, including “Sing Lullaby,” “’Twas the Night Before Christmas” and “Silent Night.”
Seymour’s strong and clear storytelling is highlighted in three: “Processional: Sing Forth This Day,” “Luke 2: The Christmas Story” and “Good King Wenceslas.”
The story of Good King Wenceslas is included on both the CD and DVD, and is also shared in the recently released picture book “Good King Wenceslas” (Shadow Mountain, $21.99), illustrated by Omar Rayyan.
Rayyan’s watercolor drawings include Seymour in one of the crowd scenes. Included with the book is a DVD of Seymour’s narration during the concert and is such that the reader can follow along with the book. The performance of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square of the carol is interspersed throughout her narration, and the lyrics are also included in the book.
Seymour will be in the Salt Lake City area on Nov. 26. She will be at the Barnes & Noble in Sugar House, 1104 E. 2100 South, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. and at the Deseret Book downtown store at City Creek, 45 W. South Temple, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 14
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 12
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5