Actress Jane Seymour and baritone Nathan Gunn were featured in the 2011 Christmas concert of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square. Their performances are in the recently released CD and DVD “Once Upon a Christmas.” (It's also available in Blu-ray and MP3 downloads.) The songs vary from traditional, festive carols to religious ones, and also include an organ solo from Richard Elliot of “Shepherd’s Dance.”
Gunn performs in seven of the 14 songs, including “Sing Lullaby,” “’Twas the Night Before Christmas” and “Silent Night.”
Seymour’s strong and clear storytelling is highlighted in three: “Processional: Sing Forth This Day,” “Luke 2: The Christmas Story” and “Good King Wenceslas.”
The story of Good King Wenceslas is included on both the CD and DVD, and is also shared in the recently released picture book “Good King Wenceslas” (Shadow Mountain, $21.99), illustrated by Omar Rayyan.
Rayyan’s watercolor drawings include Seymour in one of the crowd scenes. Included with the book is a DVD of Seymour’s narration during the concert and is such that the reader can follow along with the book. The performance of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square of the carol is interspersed throughout her narration, and the lyrics are also included in the book.
Seymour will be in the Salt Lake City area on Nov. 26. She will be at the Barnes & Noble in Sugar House, 1104 E. 2100 South, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. and at the Deseret Book downtown store at City Creek, 45 W. South Temple, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- First Presidency Easter Message
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir celebrates Easter...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 77
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 76
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 51
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46