Weber State football: Jody Sears named as head coach, signs three-year contract
Sears and Rosenbach played football together at Washington State where Rosenbach was an All-American quarterback and finished seventh in the Heisman Trophy voting in 1988. He set Washington State single-season records that year for total offense, passing yards and touchdowns and had the highest quarterback rating in the nation. He was a first round pick in the 1989 supplemental NFL draft, taken by the then-Phoenix Cardinals where he played three seasons. In his second season with the Cardinals, he started all 16 games and threw for more than 3,000 yards and 16 touchdowns. Injuries cut short his professional playing career.
Rosenbach joins the Weber State football program after spending last season as the offensive coordinator at Montana in the Big Sky. Prior to that he spent one season as the offensive coordinator at New Mexico State and spent five seasons as quarterbacks coach at his alma mater Washington State. Prior to that he spent three seasons at Eastern Washington where he was offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. In 2001, his first season as offensive coordinator, the Eagles led the nation in total offense.
“I’m excited to be working with coach Sears and looking forward to this opportunity at Weber State,” Rosenbach said. “Jody and I go back a long ways and it will be great to coach together. Weber State has the program headed in the right direction and there is a commitment to the program that I’m excited to be a part of.”
Rosenbach, 46, attended high school in Missoula, Mont., before moving to Pullman, Wash., with his father Lynn, who became an assistant athletic director at Washington State. His wife Kim is a former professional volleyball player and the couple has two daughters.
Paul Grua is the Director of Athletic Communications at Weber State University.
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- High school boys basketball: Underdogs shine...
- High school sports: Thursday's prep roundup
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 52
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 43