SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on F. Richards Smith III, who was recently appointed to fill a vacancy as a judge on the 4th District Juvenile Court.
Those who desire to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, PO Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 3, 2012. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold a public hearing regarding Smith’s nomination on Dec. 5 and will issue a recommendation to the full Senate prior to a final confirmation vote.
The 4th District Juvenile Court covers Juab, Millard, Utah and Wasatch counties.
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Got an emergency? You can now text 911 in 3...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Report: Communication breakdowns... 10
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 9