SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on F. Richards Smith III, who was recently appointed to fill a vacancy as a judge on the 4th District Juvenile Court.
Those who desire to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, PO Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 3, 2012. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold a public hearing regarding Smith’s nomination on Dec. 5 and will issue a recommendation to the full Senate prior to a final confirmation vote.
The 4th District Juvenile Court covers Juab, Millard, Utah and Wasatch counties.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 33
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 11