SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on F. Richards Smith III, who was recently appointed to fill a vacancy as a judge on the 4th District Juvenile Court.
Those who desire to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, PO Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 3, 2012. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold a public hearing regarding Smith’s nomination on Dec. 5 and will issue a recommendation to the full Senate prior to a final confirmation vote.
The 4th District Juvenile Court covers Juab, Millard, Utah and Wasatch counties.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 61
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17