SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on F. Richards Smith III, who was recently appointed to fill a vacancy as a judge on the 4th District Juvenile Court.
Those who desire to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, PO Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 3, 2012. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold a public hearing regarding Smith’s nomination on Dec. 5 and will issue a recommendation to the full Senate prior to a final confirmation vote.
The 4th District Juvenile Court covers Juab, Millard, Utah and Wasatch counties.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- About Utah: Pedal power at the market
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9