August Miller, Utah Valley University Marketing
OREM — Utah Valley University historians are seeking valley residents' stories and memories in compiling the school's history.
In 2016, UVU will celebrate the 75th anniversary of its inception in 1941 as Central Utah Vocational School. In preparation for the celebration, historians are gathering stories, photos and memories of Utah Valley that affected the growth of the institution.
In the seven decades since the school began, it evolved from a vocational school to a technical school, a community college, state college and today, a comprehensive regional teaching university.
“UVU is honored to be a part of the rich history of this valley. With a majority of our students coming from Utah County and nearby areas, we are excited to move forward as a vital part of Utah Valley’s future,” said Cameron Martin, UVU vice president for university relations.
UVU is asking residents to submit their stories, journal entries, photos and memories as part of an archive that will chart the institution’s and the valley’s history. Submitted documents can be originals that will be copied by UVU historians and returned to their owners, or high-quality copies. UVU staff will also be conducting oral interviews.
To donate items or schedule an oral interview, contact Barbara Hammond, director of community engagement and special projects at UVU, 801-863-5422 or email@example.com.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- 2 corrections officials resign in wake of...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 13
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11