MARK LENNIHAN, AP
Even though bright-colored advertisements blare discounted prices for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, research done by Adobe Systems Inc. found that the best deals online are found the week before Christmas.
Free Shipping Day, which is Dec. 17 this year, is expected to feature the largest price reductions, according to DailyFinance.
Jewelry is one item that sells at higher rates later in the season. Even though the sales of most retail merchandise peak on Cyber Monday, jewelry purchases peak in mid-December, in part because it is one of the most popular last-minute gifts.
"Rather than report on what happened after the fact this holiday season, we are leveraging big data captured by the Adobe Marketing Cloud to accurately forecast the trends before they happen," said Brad Rencher, Adobe's senior vice president of digital marketing business, in a statement. "This helps our retail customers plan for consumer spending activity online to better monetize their holiday campaigns."
But despite the cheaper late prices, Adobe forecasts Cyber Monday sales will increase 18 percent this year. Online retail sales are estimated to reach $2 billion this Monday.
- Poll: Two-thirds of US would struggle to...
- Stocks move higher, led by technology and banks
- US home sales growth driven mostly by Midwest
- Diego Rivera painting sells privately for...
- G-7 finance leaders seek to reassure on...
- GE announces deals worth over $1.4 billion...
- New Mexico is first to sue EPA, mine owners...
- French raid Google over 'aggravated tax...
- Religious freedom is good for business,... 30
- If Hillary becomes president, will she... 19
- Can Donald Trump fix the U.S. economy... 14
- Poll: Two-thirds of US would struggle... 13
- Trump proposes wall to protect golf... 7
- John Williams remembered by friends as... 7
- Utah aglow with new solar developments,... 6
- New Mexico is first to sue EPA, mine... 5