MARK LENNIHAN, AP
Even though bright-colored advertisements blare discounted prices for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, research done by Adobe Systems Inc. found that the best deals online are found the week before Christmas.
Free Shipping Day, which is Dec. 17 this year, is expected to feature the largest price reductions, according to DailyFinance.
Jewelry is one item that sells at higher rates later in the season. Even though the sales of most retail merchandise peak on Cyber Monday, jewelry purchases peak in mid-December, in part because it is one of the most popular last-minute gifts.
"Rather than report on what happened after the fact this holiday season, we are leveraging big data captured by the Adobe Marketing Cloud to accurately forecast the trends before they happen," said Brad Rencher, Adobe's senior vice president of digital marketing business, in a statement. "This helps our retail customers plan for consumer spending activity online to better monetize their holiday campaigns."
But despite the cheaper late prices, Adobe forecasts Cyber Monday sales will increase 18 percent this year. Online retail sales are estimated to reach $2 billion this Monday.
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- Summit County sees credit card breach after...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- Amish country bristles at ‘Mafia’...
- Varian Medical breaks ground on Salt Lake...
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top humor...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 27
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 12
- Amish country bristles at... 10
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Paul Mero steps down as head of... 9
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 8
- California push to avert higher gas... 3
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 3