MARK LENNIHAN, AP
Even though bright-colored advertisements blare discounted prices for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, research done by Adobe Systems Inc. found that the best deals online are found the week before Christmas.
Free Shipping Day, which is Dec. 17 this year, is expected to feature the largest price reductions, according to DailyFinance.
Jewelry is one item that sells at higher rates later in the season. Even though the sales of most retail merchandise peak on Cyber Monday, jewelry purchases peak in mid-December, in part because it is one of the most popular last-minute gifts.
"Rather than report on what happened after the fact this holiday season, we are leveraging big data captured by the Adobe Marketing Cloud to accurately forecast the trends before they happen," said Brad Rencher, Adobe's senior vice president of digital marketing business, in a statement. "This helps our retail customers plan for consumer spending activity online to better monetize their holiday campaigns."
But despite the cheaper late prices, Adobe forecasts Cyber Monday sales will increase 18 percent this year. Online retail sales are estimated to reach $2 billion this Monday.
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- 4 charged in year-long copper thefts at Utah...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of...
- Children's museum celebrates 35 years of play
- Google taking steps toward robot creation
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 29
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4