MARK LENNIHAN, AP
Even though bright-colored advertisements blare discounted prices for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, research done by Adobe Systems Inc. found that the best deals online are found the week before Christmas.
Free Shipping Day, which is Dec. 17 this year, is expected to feature the largest price reductions, according to DailyFinance.
Jewelry is one item that sells at higher rates later in the season. Even though the sales of most retail merchandise peak on Cyber Monday, jewelry purchases peak in mid-December, in part because it is one of the most popular last-minute gifts.
"Rather than report on what happened after the fact this holiday season, we are leveraging big data captured by the Adobe Marketing Cloud to accurately forecast the trends before they happen," said Brad Rencher, Adobe's senior vice president of digital marketing business, in a statement. "This helps our retail customers plan for consumer spending activity online to better monetize their holiday campaigns."
But despite the cheaper late prices, Adobe forecasts Cyber Monday sales will increase 18 percent this year. Online retail sales are estimated to reach $2 billion this Monday.
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Cellphone unlocking set to become legal again
- 3 ways you can save money on movie theater...
- Family feud sparks revolt at grocery store...
- Battered by recalls, GM buoyed by its large SUVs
- Russian execs fear lasting damage from...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 16
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 8
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 7
- New solar energy project at Utah... 6
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last... 5
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- 3 ways you can save money on movie... 3