Actress Jane Seymour reflects on performance with Mormon Tabernacle Choir, prepares to visit Utah
"It was awesome," Seymour told the Deseret News. "The choir was so wonderful. They were all lovely people and enthusiastic to be there. There's just a joy and a sense of collaboration of all the people involved."
During the performance, Seymour was the narrator for "Good King Wenceslas." The story she read has recently been published by Deseret Book, and she will be in Salt Lake City for two book signings on Nov. 26.
Seymour talked in depth about her admiration for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
"I think it's just a remarkable organization," Seymour said. "The fact that everyone there is donating and committing their time and efforts for such a long time is pretty extraordinary and unlike anything I've ever seen before. The quality of their musicianship is exceptional. They really are a choir rather than just a large number of good voices."
At Deseret Book, Seymour will be signing "Good King Wenceslas" along with other products from the 2011 Christmas performance.
"I am very excited to come to Salt Lake," she said. "'Good King Wenceslas' is a fantastic story, and I'm sure people are going to love it. I'm very happy to meet everyone and sign books for them.
"The message of 'Good King Wenceslas' is a powerful one. Regardless of faith, I think it's a beautiful message about bringing joy to those who have less by giving them more. It's a very special story for me."
Included at the beginning of the book is a piece of artwork created by Seymour, along with an added bonus Seymour was not aware of until her last book signing.
"No one told me that they had the artist paint the queen as me," she said. "They took a photograph of me and turned it into an element of surprise, which is pretty cool."
More information on "Good King Wenceslas" can be found at Deseret Book's website.
If you go...
What: Jane Seymour book signing
When: Monday, Nov. 26, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Where: Barnes and Noble, Sugarhouse, 1104 E. 2100 South, Salt Lake City
What: Jane Seymour book signing
When, Monday, Nov. 26, 6-8 p.m.
Where: Deseret Book flagship store, 45 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City
Kylie Lewis is an intern for the Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho, receiving a bachelor's degree in communications.
- Mormon mom, Mrs. Mexico, sticks to her...
- Top stories of the year: Mormons who made...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Arizona family shares Christmas greetings...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Senators introduce bill to protect religious...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 88
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its... 88
- Senators introduce bill to protect... 38
- Putin defends Russian conservative values 24
- Defending the Faith: The collective... 23
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be... 19
- Catholic high school teacher fired... 19
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 18