SALT LAKE CITY — Utahns of all ages are invited to participate in a poster contest for Utah Archaeology Week, which is May 4-11.
Entrants may choose any material, design, or medium, but the principal elements of the design should depict aspects of Utah archaeology. Entries should be less than 16 inches by 24 inches.
Winners in three categories will receive cash prizes: Grand contest winner, $250; secondary school winner, $100; elementary school winner, $100. The winning poster will be professionally printed and distributed nationwide, and will be hung at the Rio Grande Depot.
Posters should be submitted no later than Jan. 18 to: Antiquities Section, State History, 300 S. Rio Grande St., Salt Lake City, UT 84101.
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated in...
- Appeal of excommunicated LDS activist Kate...
- Prison relocation process slows down
- Clearfield pediatrician arrested in child...
- Man accused of shooting 72-year-old West...
- Ready for snow? Here's what's new in Utah
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- Photos: Vivint employees remodel house for...
- Doug Owens ahead of Mia Love in new poll 59
- New poll shows Love, Owens race... 46
- State autopsy: Police shot Darrien Hunt... 34
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out... 30
- Final debate between Mia Love and Doug... 27
- Prison relocation process slows down 27
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated... 27
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 21