SALT LAKE CITY — Utahns of all ages are invited to participate in a poster contest for Utah Archaeology Week, which is May 4-11.
Entrants may choose any material, design, or medium, but the principal elements of the design should depict aspects of Utah archaeology. Entries should be less than 16 inches by 24 inches.
Winners in three categories will receive cash prizes: Grand contest winner, $250; secondary school winner, $100; elementary school winner, $100. The winning poster will be professionally printed and distributed nationwide, and will be hung at the Rio Grande Depot.
Posters should be submitted no later than Jan. 18 to: Antiquities Section, State History, 300 S. Rio Grande St., Salt Lake City, UT 84101.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 63
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 12
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9