SALT LAKE CITY — Utahns of all ages are invited to participate in a poster contest for Utah Archaeology Week, which is May 4-11.
Entrants may choose any material, design, or medium, but the principal elements of the design should depict aspects of Utah archaeology. Entries should be less than 16 inches by 24 inches.
Winners in three categories will receive cash prizes: Grand contest winner, $250; secondary school winner, $100; elementary school winner, $100. The winning poster will be professionally printed and distributed nationwide, and will be hung at the Rio Grande Depot.
Posters should be submitted no later than Jan. 18 to: Antiquities Section, State History, 300 S. Rio Grande St., Salt Lake City, UT 84101.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 23
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14