SALT LAKE CITY — Utahns of all ages are invited to participate in a poster contest for Utah Archaeology Week, which is May 4-11.
Entrants may choose any material, design, or medium, but the principal elements of the design should depict aspects of Utah archaeology. Entries should be less than 16 inches by 24 inches.
Winners in three categories will receive cash prizes: Grand contest winner, $250; secondary school winner, $100; elementary school winner, $100. The winning poster will be professionally printed and distributed nationwide, and will be hung at the Rio Grande Depot.
Posters should be submitted no later than Jan. 18 to: Antiquities Section, State History, 300 S. Rio Grande St., Salt Lake City, UT 84101.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14