SALT LAKE CITY — Utahns of all ages are invited to participate in a poster contest for Utah Archaeology Week, which is May 4-11.
Entrants may choose any material, design, or medium, but the principal elements of the design should depict aspects of Utah archaeology. Entries should be less than 16 inches by 24 inches.
Winners in three categories will receive cash prizes: Grand contest winner, $250; secondary school winner, $100; elementary school winner, $100. The winning poster will be professionally printed and distributed nationwide, and will be hung at the Rio Grande Depot.
Posters should be submitted no later than Jan. 18 to: Antiquities Section, State History, 300 S. Rio Grande St., Salt Lake City, UT 84101.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Residents of six apartments displaced in Salt...
- Man suffers burns in costly West Valley fire...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 28
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 28
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21