Is greatest stock market crash looming? Be aware and prepare
With the P/E10 ratio in overvalued territory, the dividend yield near historic lows combined with baby boomers being forced to sell stocks I am not sure where stocks will head. I am, however, doing a few things so no matter what direction the market goes, my family and my retirement will be secured.
First, I’ve obtained a three-month supply of my family’s daily diet, stored more than two weeks of water for each member of my family, put away a financial reserve for a rainy day and stored a year’s supply of long-term grains and legumes. We track our preparedness with a chart we hang on our fridge.
Second, I’ve educated myself by learning about financial cycles, read books on currencies, done research, subscribed to financial newsletters and found several multimillionaire coaches and financial advisers.
Third, I take what I learn from people smarter than I am, research and validate their claims and come to my own conclusions. If my financial ship sinks or sails, it’s entirely my fault and I have no one to blame but myself.
Do not trade, buy, sell or invest in anything based solely on what you read in this article or any such article. Get educated, come to your own conclusions, and take control of your financial future.
Aaren Humpherys graduated from Brigham Young University in 2001, is an internal auditor, an emergency preparedness guru and father of three.
- The American Dream is still alive for 20...
- Healthy jobs report a good sign for future...
- System failure to blame for delayed Saturday...
- Weber State center helping to improve auto...
- 3,000 Workforce Services clients may be...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Cedar Hills to require business licenses for...
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 32
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- The American Dream is still alive for... 6
- Cedar Hills to require business... 5
- Healthy jobs report a good sign for... 2
- United Kingdom government predicting... 1