Is greatest stock market crash looming? Be aware and prepare
With the P/E10 ratio in overvalued territory, the dividend yield near historic lows combined with baby boomers being forced to sell stocks I am not sure where stocks will head. I am, however, doing a few things so no matter what direction the market goes, my family and my retirement will be secured.
First, I’ve obtained a three-month supply of my family’s daily diet, stored more than two weeks of water for each member of my family, put away a financial reserve for a rainy day and stored a year’s supply of long-term grains and legumes. We track our preparedness with a chart we hang on our fridge.
Second, I’ve educated myself by learning about financial cycles, read books on currencies, done research, subscribed to financial newsletters and found several multimillionaire coaches and financial advisers.
Third, I take what I learn from people smarter than I am, research and validate their claims and come to my own conclusions. If my financial ship sinks or sails, it’s entirely my fault and I have no one to blame but myself.
Do not trade, buy, sell or invest in anything based solely on what you read in this article or any such article. Get educated, come to your own conclusions, and take control of your financial future.
Aaren Humpherys graduated from Brigham Young University in 2001, is an internal auditor, an emergency preparedness guru and father of three.
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- Balancing act: List of top work-from-home...
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats...
- University of Utah launches community solar...
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Why small businesses want a higher minimum wage
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 44
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17
- University of Utah launches community... 13
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 9
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Why small businesses want a higher... 6
- Sierra Club labels Utah oil shale, tar... 5