Man stabbed ex-wife and her new boyfriend, police say
MIDVALE — Police were looking for a man who investigators say stabbed his ex-wife and her new boyfriend Tuesday morning.
Justin Llewelyn, 28, went to his ex-wife's apartment, 180 W. 7200 South, just before 5 a.m. and started pounding on her door, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. The woman answered the door but refused to let him in.
As the two were arguing, Llewelyn spotted the woman's boyfriend in the background. "This enrages him even more," Hoyal said.
Llewelyn pushed his way into the apartment and started fighting with the boyfriend, according to investigators. During the struggle, Llewelyn slashed his ex-wife in the arm and her boyfriend on the side of his chest, Hoyal said. Both injuries were minor.
Llewelyn then ran from the apartment. Detectives were still looking for him.
Llewelyn is 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighs 150 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. He drives a gray 2008 Ford F250 crew cab with Utah license plate C461ND. Anyone with information on him is asked to call police at 801-743-7000.
According to Utah state court records, Llewelyn filed for divorce in 2009. In 2008 he was sentenced to up to five years at the Utah State Prison for a conviction on an amended charge of attempted theft by receiving stolen property. He pleaded guilty to joyriding and DUI in 2010.
His long criminal history also includes a drug-related conviction in 2006, theft-related conviction in 2005, misdemeanor theft and drug convictions in 2004, and a felony attempted theft conviction in 2003.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 24
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14