Man stabbed ex-wife and her new boyfriend, police say
MIDVALE — Police were looking for a man who investigators say stabbed his ex-wife and her new boyfriend Tuesday morning.
Justin Llewelyn, 28, went to his ex-wife's apartment, 180 W. 7200 South, just before 5 a.m. and started pounding on her door, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. The woman answered the door but refused to let him in.
As the two were arguing, Llewelyn spotted the woman's boyfriend in the background. "This enrages him even more," Hoyal said.
Llewelyn pushed his way into the apartment and started fighting with the boyfriend, according to investigators. During the struggle, Llewelyn slashed his ex-wife in the arm and her boyfriend on the side of his chest, Hoyal said. Both injuries were minor.
Llewelyn then ran from the apartment. Detectives were still looking for him.
Llewelyn is 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighs 150 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. He drives a gray 2008 Ford F250 crew cab with Utah license plate C461ND. Anyone with information on him is asked to call police at 801-743-7000.
According to Utah state court records, Llewelyn filed for divorce in 2009. In 2008 he was sentenced to up to five years at the Utah State Prison for a conviction on an amended charge of attempted theft by receiving stolen property. He pleaded guilty to joyriding and DUI in 2010.
His long criminal history also includes a drug-related conviction in 2006, theft-related conviction in 2005, misdemeanor theft and drug convictions in 2004, and a felony attempted theft conviction in 2003.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12