Woman shot by police after allegedly stealing officer's car on way to jail
HURRICANE — An armed woman led police on a chase that ended with her being shot in a standoff Monday night after police say she stole an officer's vehicle on the way to Washington County Jail.
No information about the woman's identity or her medical condition was available Monday night.
The incident occurred after an officer arrested a woman and then attempted to remove her from a police vehicle at the jail, police said. The woman pulled out a weapon and was able to escape in the officer's vehicle.
Police laid down spike strips in Hurricane to end the chase, but the woman did not surrender, police said. She was shot by a deputy, ending the standoff.
The Washington County Critical Incident Task Force is investigating the incident.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Bingham High students walk out over... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 17