Woman shot by police after allegedly stealing officer's car on way to jail
HURRICANE — An armed woman led police on a chase that ended with her being shot in a standoff Monday night after police say she stole an officer's vehicle on the way to Washington County Jail.
No information about the woman's identity or her medical condition was available Monday night.
The incident occurred after an officer arrested a woman and then attempted to remove her from a police vehicle at the jail, police said. The woman pulled out a weapon and was able to escape in the officer's vehicle.
Police laid down spike strips in Hurricane to end the chase, but the woman did not surrender, police said. She was shot by a deputy, ending the standoff.
The Washington County Critical Incident Task Force is investigating the incident.
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Eagle Mountain residents told not to use city...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 79
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7