Woman shot by police after allegedly stealing officer's car on way to jail
HURRICANE — An armed woman led police on a chase that ended with her being shot in a standoff Monday night after police say she stole an officer's vehicle on the way to Washington County Jail.
No information about the woman's identity or her medical condition was available Monday night.
The incident occurred after an officer arrested a woman and then attempted to remove her from a police vehicle at the jail, police said. The woman pulled out a weapon and was able to escape in the officer's vehicle.
Police laid down spike strips in Hurricane to end the chase, but the woman did not surrender, police said. She was shot by a deputy, ending the standoff.
The Washington County Critical Incident Task Force is investigating the incident.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22