HURRICANE — An armed woman led police on a chase that ended with her being shot in a standoff Monday night after police say she stole an officer's vehicle on the way to Washington County Jail.
No information about the woman's identity or her medical condition was available Monday night.
The incident occurred after an officer arrested a woman and then attempted to remove her from a police vehicle at the jail, police said. The woman pulled out a weapon and was able to escape in the officer's vehicle.
Police laid down spike strips in Hurricane to end the chase, but the woman did not surrender, police said. She was shot by a deputy, ending the standoff.
The Washington County Critical Incident Task Force is investigating the incident.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23