Woman shot by police after allegedly stealing officer's car on way to jail
HURRICANE — An armed woman led police on a chase that ended with her being shot in a standoff Monday night after police say she stole an officer's vehicle on the way to Washington County Jail.
No information about the woman's identity or her medical condition was available Monday night.
The incident occurred after an officer arrested a woman and then attempted to remove her from a police vehicle at the jail, police said. The woman pulled out a weapon and was able to escape in the officer's vehicle.
Police laid down spike strips in Hurricane to end the chase, but the woman did not surrender, police said. She was shot by a deputy, ending the standoff.
The Washington County Critical Incident Task Force is investigating the incident.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- About Utah: Pedal power at the market
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11