High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team region capsules
Head Coach: Jeff Gardner (2nd year)
2011-2012 Record: 17-8 (3rd in Region 3 with 6-4 record)
2012 Postseason: Lost to Lone Peak in the 5A state championship, 68-38
Returning Starters: 3
Brandon Miller, Sr., Guard, 21.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.5 apg
Travis Devashrayee, Forward, 11.6 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.9 apg
Bryce Callahan, Forward, 8.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.3 apg
Zach Bernardo, Guard, 2.7 ppg, 1 apg
Brock Miller, Guard
Coach Comment: "Returning a solid nucleus from last year’s runner-up team we are excited to get going and see how we stack up against the other talented teams in the state"
Head Coach: Jim Barker (5th year)
2011-2012 Record: 17-6 (2nd in Region 3 with 7-3 record)
2012 Postseason: Lost to Riverton in 5A quarterfinals, 65-59
Returning Starters: 2
Trevor Hill, Jr., Guard, 5 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 1.5 apg
Landon Albrecht, Jr., Forward, 5.4 ppg, 3.2 rpg
RJ Beard, Sr., Guard, 4.7 ppg, 1 rpg
Head Coach: Scott Briggs (14th year)
2011-2012 Record: 21-3 (1st in Region 3 with 9-1 record)
2012 Postseason: Lost to Lone Peak in the 5A semifinals, 68-56
Returning Starters: 0
Parker Brown, Sr., Forward, 4.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg
Brent Beales, Jr., Center, 1.6 ppg, 1.3 rpg
Brayden Bennett, Sr., Guard, 1.2 ppg
Carson Cutler, Jr., Forward, 0.5 ppg, 0.5 rpg
Coach Comment: “We are excited about the upcoming season. We believe that we have quality guys who are talented and will be competitive. We look forward to the challenge of keeping the tradition of West Jordan basketball at a high level.”
Head Coach: Rob Geertsen (6th year)
2011-2012 Record: 11-10 (5th in Region 3 with 3-7 record)
2012 Postseason: Did not qualify
Returning Starters: 0
Chandler Smith, Sr., Guard, 3.3 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 2.1 apg
Brandon Pasker, Sr., Center
Coach Comment: “We are very excited about this year’s team. Even though we do not return a single starter, we have a good group of seniors that will lead our team. We had the best offseason we have ever had working in the weight room, conditioning and attending various offseason camps. It should be a fun and exciting year for Jordan basketball.”
Head Coach: Andrew Blanchard (1st year)
2011-2012 Record: 12-9 (4th in Region 3 with 5-5 record)
2012 Postseason: Lost to Northridge in 5A first round, 43-41 (OT)
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars So'oto,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall,...
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us what to...
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a repeat...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- BYU offense looking for much better...
- BYU football: Jordan Johnson and Robertson...
- College football predictions: How will... 60
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 44
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 38
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36
- Brad Rock: Five reasons Utes think... 35
- BYU football: Taysom Hill's experience,... 30
- Sports BLT: BYU fan gets creative with... 29