High school boys basketball: 4A team-by-team region capsules
2012 Postseason: Lost to Orem in the 4A first round, 57-57
Returning Starters: 5
Mikey Jacobsen, Sr., Guard 5.6 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.9 apg
Brady Cowley, Sr., Guard 11 ppg, 1.4 rpg
Hayden Grant, Sr., Forward, 9.5 ppg, 1.7 rpg
Skyler Farnes, Sr., Forward, 10.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.3 apg
Filipo Mokofisi, Sr., Center, 7.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg
Coach Comment: “We are very excited about the team coming back this season with all five starters from last year back. With me being the new head coach it will take us a little while to get used to each other and the new philosophies I’m bringing to Woods Cross. Our goal is to try to get a little better every day in practice and to be playing our best basketball by February. The pieces are there for us to be a pretty good team, so it’s just going to come down to execution on offense and commitment on the defensive side of the ball.”
Head Coach: Keith West (14th year)
2011-2012 Record: 13-9 (Tied for 2nd in Region 6 with 6-4 record)
2012 Postseason: Lost to Provo in the 4A first round, 42-39
Returning Starters: 2
David Divver, Sr., Guard 12.1 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.3 apg, 1.7 spg
Todd Connolly, Sr., Forward, 5.6 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.3 spg
Riley Tucker, Sr., Guard 4.1 ppg, 1.4 rpg
Coach Comment: “Smart, tough, talented team that will find a way to win. Excellent shooters and will be a very good defensive team. Lack of size could be a problem.”
Head Coach: Skip Lowe (8th year)
2011-2012 Record: 13-10 (Tied for 2nd in Region 6 with 6-4 record)
2012 Postseason: Lost to Olympus in the 4A quarterfinals, 59-55
Returning Starters: 2
Parker Van Dyke, Sr., Guard, 24.7 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.6 spg
John Fakahafua, Sr., Forward, 5.8 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.4 apg, 1.1 spg
Mitch Grant, Jr., Forward, 1.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg
Preston Curtis, Jr., Guard
Coach Comment: “Looking to build on momentum created the past few seasons and continue to improve as a team. Fortunate to have Parker Van Dyke back for another year and have a multidimensional team to compliment his abilities.”
Head Coach: Curtis Hulse (8th year)
2011-2012 Record: 3-17 (5th in Region 6 with 2-8 record)
2012 Postseason: Did not qualify
Returning Starters: 3
Marquis Jones, Jr., 6.1 ppg, 1.7 rpg
Jayden Garcia, Sr., 5.6 ppg
Jordan Nuffer, Sr., 4.4 ppg, 1.9 rpg
Coach Comment: “Good group of kids. We have all eight seniors back this year. The kids get along with each other very well.”
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to win...
- Cougars in the pros: Lasike scores first pro...
- Brad Rock: Utes to Harbaugh: Update your...
- BYU football: Suspensions impacting both BYU...
- Special teams makes big plays as Utah State...
- Nebraska looking to set tone of Mike Riley...
- Utah Utes report card: Harbaugh, Michigan...
- Live blog: Utah opens year with victory over...
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to... 110
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 80
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 72
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has... 43
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 37
- Brad Rock: Take expletives, not... 35
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 29