There was no blasting off for the Houston Rockets tonight, as the Utah Jazz pulled off a 102-91 victory in Salt Lake City.
After starting slow in the first quarter, the Jazz finished the period with a three-point lead. The Jazz then went on a 17-4 run at the beginning of the second quarter to blow the game wide open, and it was never even close after. The Jazz outscored the Rockets 32-18 in the second quarter.
Gordon Hayward led a balanced attack for Utah with 15 points on 5-12 shooting. Jamaal Tinsley was not one of the five Jazz players to reach double figures in scoring, but he did chip in with a game-high 11 assists and three points.
Houston's Patrick Patterson led all scorers with 19 points, 15 of which came in the first half.
The Jazz outrebounded the Rockets 55-49, had 30 assists to Houston's 18 and held the Rockets to 34.9-percent shooting from the field.
With the win, the Jazz improve to 6-6 on the season. The Jazz next host Jimmer Fredette and the Sacramento Kings Friday night.
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night Lights'...
- Runnin' Utes take on Duke in Texas-sized venue
- Utah football: Booker's return lifts offense,...
- Former Duke and Utah player Chris Burgess...
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 207
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 67
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 21