There was no blasting off for the Houston Rockets tonight, as the Utah Jazz pulled off a 102-91 victory in Salt Lake City.
After starting slow in the first quarter, the Jazz finished the period with a three-point lead. The Jazz then went on a 17-4 run at the beginning of the second quarter to blow the game wide open, and it was never even close after. The Jazz outscored the Rockets 32-18 in the second quarter.
Gordon Hayward led a balanced attack for Utah with 15 points on 5-12 shooting. Jamaal Tinsley was not one of the five Jazz players to reach double figures in scoring, but he did chip in with a game-high 11 assists and three points.
Houston's Patrick Patterson led all scorers with 19 points, 15 of which came in the first half.
The Jazz outrebounded the Rockets 55-49, had 30 assists to Houston's 18 and held the Rockets to 34.9-percent shooting from the field.
With the win, the Jazz improve to 6-6 on the season. The Jazz next host Jimmer Fredette and the Sacramento Kings Friday night.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 78
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 64
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Annual instate college basketball... 37
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 32