There was no blasting off for the Houston Rockets tonight, as the Utah Jazz pulled off a 102-91 victory in Salt Lake City.
After starting slow in the first quarter, the Jazz finished the period with a three-point lead. The Jazz then went on a 17-4 run at the beginning of the second quarter to blow the game wide open, and it was never even close after. The Jazz outscored the Rockets 32-18 in the second quarter.
Gordon Hayward led a balanced attack for Utah with 15 points on 5-12 shooting. Jamaal Tinsley was not one of the five Jazz players to reach double figures in scoring, but he did chip in with a game-high 11 assists and three points.
Houston's Patrick Patterson led all scorers with 19 points, 15 of which came in the first half.
The Jazz outrebounded the Rockets 55-49, had 30 assists to Houston's 18 and held the Rockets to 34.9-percent shooting from the field.
With the win, the Jazz improve to 6-6 on the season. The Jazz next host Jimmer Fredette and the Sacramento Kings Friday night.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19