I do not know if those words brought tears to Nathan’s eyes, but they did mine.
As I sat in my small office this week, I was overcome at the difficulty of reshaping such a massive, moving story into so few words in a weekly column that has firm limits and boundaries. I've found that Nathan Norman’s story is much bigger than a newspaper page or a few digital inches on a website.
It’s a story of siblings who receive too little attention from the world as they carry their own burdens into their brother’s painful battle with cancer. Sarah, Matthew and Tabitha are remarkable warriors, too, with their own brave stories to tell.
It’s a story of neighbors and friends who’ve willingly carried extra loads so that the family can seek as many memories together as possible.
It’s a story of a faithful boy who will one day meet Jesus, but who doesn’t need to see his face to know he already lives.
Would you like to send Nathan Norman a Christmas card?
81 Dunivan Dr.
Rustburg, VA 24588
To learn more about Nathan or to donate, visit his CaringBridge page at www.caringbridge.org/visit/nathannorman
Jason F. Wright is a New York Times best-selling author of 10 books, including "Christmas Jars," "The Wednesday Letters" and "The 13th Day of Christmas." He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or jasonfwright.com.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 62
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 30
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20