BYU volleyball: Hamson wins third WCC Player of the Week award
PROVO, Utah — Junior Jennifer Hamson received her third West Coast Conference Player of the Week award this season after leading the No. 16 BYU women’s volleyball team to a share of the league title.
Hamson totaled 46 kills on the week, with 23 each against Pepperdine and San Diego. Hamson also had 15 digs against San Diego for her seventh double-double of the season and seven blocks.
The 6-foot-7 opposite hitter averages 4.01 kills per set for the Cougars. She has had 22 double-figuring outings in kills this season, seven in digs and one in blocks.
BYU won a share of the conference title in only its second year since joining the WCC in 2011 and second season with head coach Shawn Olmstead at the helm.
The Cougars end their regular season play against UVU on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Smith Fieldhouse.
Rachel Hawks is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25