BYU volleyball: Hamson wins third WCC Player of the Week award
PROVO, Utah — Junior Jennifer Hamson received her third West Coast Conference Player of the Week award this season after leading the No. 16 BYU women’s volleyball team to a share of the league title.
Hamson totaled 46 kills on the week, with 23 each against Pepperdine and San Diego. Hamson also had 15 digs against San Diego for her seventh double-double of the season and seven blocks.
The 6-foot-7 opposite hitter averages 4.01 kills per set for the Cougars. She has had 22 double-figuring outings in kills this season, seven in digs and one in blocks.
BYU won a share of the conference title in only its second year since joining the WCC in 2011 and second season with head coach Shawn Olmstead at the helm.
The Cougars end their regular season play against UVU on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Smith Fieldhouse.
Rachel Hawks is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20