Mormon athlete Bryce Harper celebrates girlfriend's game-winning goal for BYU
Bryce Harper, the National League rookie of the year, is a huge fan of BYU women's soccer.
That's because his girlfriend, Kayla Varner, is a sophomore forward for the Cougars.
So when Varner scored BYU's eighth penalty-kick attempt in a shootout against Marquette in the NCAA tournament Saturday to send BYU to the Elite Eight, Harper tweeted about it.
"And my girl @kayvarner wins it for @byusoccer_w!" the Washington Nationals' slugger said. "One of the Craziest games I've watched in a long time!"
The tweet was accompanied by a photo of Varner and Harper on the field after the game.
The Cougars play the winner of Tuesday's North Carolina-Baylor contest on Friday.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Responding to Trump, Clinton says he has 'no...
- 1st edition Book of Mormon sells for $52,500...
- Pope prays at Armenia memorial after...
- Pope visits Armenia's closed border with...
- Twila Van Leer: What family history treasures...
- ESPN NBA draft expert Chad Ford is also a...
- Church releases video in conjunction with...
- Picturing history: Historic Kirtland
- Mormon youth leader dies on trek outing... 72
- Defending the Faith: The challenge... 29
- Survey: White evangelicals say US no... 21
- Trump to top evangelicals:... 19
- 7 conservative Christians who are not... 11
- Responding to Trump, Clinton says he... 10
- LDS family stars in new TLC show,... 9
- Family of scholars: Utah family... 9