Mormon athlete Bryce Harper celebrates girlfriend's game-winning goal for BYU
Bryce Harper, the National League rookie of the year, is a huge fan of BYU women's soccer.
That's because his girlfriend, Kayla Varner, is a sophomore forward for the Cougars.
So when Varner scored BYU's eighth penalty-kick attempt in a shootout against Marquette in the NCAA tournament Saturday to send BYU to the Elite Eight, Harper tweeted about it.
"And my girl @kayvarner wins it for @byusoccer_w!" the Washington Nationals' slugger said. "One of the Craziest games I've watched in a long time!"
The tweet was accompanied by a photo of Varner and Harper on the field after the game.
The Cougars play the winner of Tuesday's North Carolina-Baylor contest on Friday.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 46
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 11
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3