Mormon athlete Bryce Harper celebrates girlfriend's game-winning goal for BYU
Bryce Harper, the National League rookie of the year, is a huge fan of BYU women's soccer.
That's because his girlfriend, Kayla Varner, is a sophomore forward for the Cougars.
So when Varner scored BYU's eighth penalty-kick attempt in a shootout against Marquette in the NCAA tournament Saturday to send BYU to the Elite Eight, Harper tweeted about it.
"And my girl @kayvarner wins it for @byusoccer_w!" the Washington Nationals' slugger said. "One of the Craziest games I've watched in a long time!"
The tweet was accompanied by a photo of Varner and Harper on the field after the game.
The Cougars play the winner of Tuesday's North Carolina-Baylor contest on Friday.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is special for...
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is Born'...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a reminder...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon...
- 5 tips for digitizing photos
- President Henry B. Eyring rededicates temple...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 39
- Renovated LDS temple represents... 11
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon... 7
- Book review: 'Finding Peace When a... 7
- U.S. Catholic leaders approve new plan... 6
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is... 3
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 3
- 4 effective ways to teach your kids... 2