Mormon athlete Bryce Harper celebrates girlfriend's game-winning goal for BYU
Bryce Harper, the National League rookie of the year, is a huge fan of BYU women's soccer.
That's because his girlfriend, Kayla Varner, is a sophomore forward for the Cougars.
So when Varner scored BYU's eighth penalty-kick attempt in a shootout against Marquette in the NCAA tournament Saturday to send BYU to the Elite Eight, Harper tweeted about it.
"And my girl @kayvarner wins it for @byusoccer_w!" the Washington Nationals' slugger said. "One of the Craziest games I've watched in a long time!"
The tweet was accompanied by a photo of Varner and Harper on the field after the game.
The Cougars play the winner of Tuesday's North Carolina-Baylor contest on Friday.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- 10 ideas of what God looks like
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 66
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 50
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 17
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7