Mormon athlete Bryce Harper celebrates girlfriend's game-winning goal for BYU
Bryce Harper, the National League rookie of the year, is a huge fan of BYU women's soccer.
That's because his girlfriend, Kayla Varner, is a sophomore forward for the Cougars.
So when Varner scored BYU's eighth penalty-kick attempt in a shootout against Marquette in the NCAA tournament Saturday to send BYU to the Elite Eight, Harper tweeted about it.
"And my girl @kayvarner wins it for @byusoccer_w!" the Washington Nationals' slugger said. "One of the Craziest games I've watched in a long time!"
The tweet was accompanied by a photo of Varner and Harper on the field after the game.
The Cougars play the winner of Tuesday's North Carolina-Baylor contest on Friday.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- 19 inspiring Christmas quotes from President...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- Students' moving video on the Christmas truce...
- Defending the Faith: A modern witness... 44
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 27
- LDS Church to create new missions in... 20
- Christmas without Jesus 19
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 16
- Visiting minister urges unity among... 10
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 8