After his record setting day on Saturday, Weber State senior C.J. Tuckett has been named Big Sky Conference Co-Offensive Player of the Week. Tuckett has also been honored as the Weber State Student-Athlete of the Week.
The Malta, Idaho, native set a new WSU school rushing record in Saturday’s 40-14 season-ending win at Idaho State. He finished the day with a career-high 36 carries for 289 yards and two touchdowns. The 289 yards breaks the previous WSU school record of 280 yards set by Markeith Ross at Nevada in 1993. It also ranks as the 10th best rushing performance in Big Sky Conference history.
Tuckett had a 4-yard touchdown run on WSU’s first possession of the game and converted on a 19-yard touchdown run early in the fourth quarter that sealed the win for the Wildcats. He averaged 8.0 yards per carry in the game.
On the season, he finished fifth in the Big Sky in rushing with 959 yards for an average of 87.2 yards per game. He also rushed for eight touchdowns this season and had 25 receptions for 139 yards.
Tuckett ends his career having played in 36 career games at Weber State. He rushed for 1,633 career yards, which ranks 13th in school history. He had 18 career rushing touchdowns and totaled 1,983 all-purpose yards.
This is Weber State’s first Big Sky Player of the Week award this season and is the third of Tuckett’s career. He finished the final two games of the 2011 season with 465 rushing yards and eight touchdowns.
Tuckett shared this week’s honor with Eastern Washington quarterback Kyle Padron.
Paul Grua is the Director of Athletic Communications at Weber State University.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 31