Debate scheduled for those seeking to replace Sen. Ben McAdams
SALT LAKE CITY — Candidates seeking to replace Democratic state Sen. Ben McAdams are scheduled to participate in a debate.
The ABU Education Fund, an affiliate of Alliance for a Better UTAH, will host the Senate District 2 debate Nov. 27 at 7 p.m. at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts.
McAdams resigned after being elected Salt Lake County mayor earlier this month. Democrats seeking to fill the two years remaining on his term have until Nov. 26 to file with the Salt Lake County Democratic Party. Democratic delegates will meet Dec. 1 to choose his replacement.
Utah State Democratic Party Chairman Jim Dabakis, outgoing Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon, former Salt Lake County Councilwoman Jenny Wilson, state Rep. Brian Doughty, Will Carlson, Robert Comstock, Mark Martinez and Jon Watkins have filed for the seat.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 63
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 12
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 12