Debate scheduled for those seeking to replace Sen. Ben McAdams
SALT LAKE CITY — Candidates seeking to replace Democratic state Sen. Ben McAdams are scheduled to participate in a debate.
The ABU Education Fund, an affiliate of Alliance for a Better UTAH, will host the Senate District 2 debate Nov. 27 at 7 p.m. at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts.
McAdams resigned after being elected Salt Lake County mayor earlier this month. Democrats seeking to fill the two years remaining on his term have until Nov. 26 to file with the Salt Lake County Democratic Party. Democratic delegates will meet Dec. 1 to choose his replacement.
Utah State Democratic Party Chairman Jim Dabakis, outgoing Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon, former Salt Lake County Councilwoman Jenny Wilson, state Rep. Brian Doughty, Will Carlson, Robert Comstock, Mark Martinez and Jon Watkins have filed for the seat.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15