Debate scheduled for those seeking to replace Sen. Ben McAdams
SALT LAKE CITY — Candidates seeking to replace Democratic state Sen. Ben McAdams are scheduled to participate in a debate.
The ABU Education Fund, an affiliate of Alliance for a Better UTAH, will host the Senate District 2 debate Nov. 27 at 7 p.m. at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts.
McAdams resigned after being elected Salt Lake County mayor earlier this month. Democrats seeking to fill the two years remaining on his term have until Nov. 26 to file with the Salt Lake County Democratic Party. Democratic delegates will meet Dec. 1 to choose his replacement.
Utah State Democratic Party Chairman Jim Dabakis, outgoing Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon, former Salt Lake County Councilwoman Jenny Wilson, state Rep. Brian Doughty, Will Carlson, Robert Comstock, Mark Martinez and Jon Watkins have filed for the seat.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 26
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14