SALT LAKE CITY — Candidates seeking to replace Democratic state Sen. Ben McAdams are scheduled to participate in a debate.
The ABU Education Fund, an affiliate of Alliance for a Better UTAH, will host the Senate District 2 debate Nov. 27 at 7 p.m. at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts.
McAdams resigned after being elected Salt Lake County mayor earlier this month. Democrats seeking to fill the two years remaining on his term have until Nov. 26 to file with the Salt Lake County Democratic Party. Democratic delegates will meet Dec. 1 to choose his replacement.
Utah State Democratic Party Chairman Jim Dabakis, outgoing Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon, former Salt Lake County Councilwoman Jenny Wilson, state Rep. Brian Doughty, Will Carlson, Robert Comstock, Mark Martinez and Jon Watkins have filed for the seat.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Christmas giving project makes former patient...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 96
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18