Debate scheduled for those seeking to replace Sen. Ben McAdams
SALT LAKE CITY — Candidates seeking to replace Democratic state Sen. Ben McAdams are scheduled to participate in a debate.
The ABU Education Fund, an affiliate of Alliance for a Better UTAH, will host the Senate District 2 debate Nov. 27 at 7 p.m. at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts.
McAdams resigned after being elected Salt Lake County mayor earlier this month. Democrats seeking to fill the two years remaining on his term have until Nov. 26 to file with the Salt Lake County Democratic Party. Democratic delegates will meet Dec. 1 to choose his replacement.
Utah State Democratic Party Chairman Jim Dabakis, outgoing Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon, former Salt Lake County Councilwoman Jenny Wilson, state Rep. Brian Doughty, Will Carlson, Robert Comstock, Mark Martinez and Jon Watkins have filed for the seat.
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Farmington woman tumbles 150 feet in hiking...
- 1 dead in Uintah County after track hoe...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in Provo
- Elderly man hit, killed while changing tire
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 60
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 40
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 19
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 13
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13