Debate scheduled for those seeking to replace Sen. Ben McAdams
SALT LAKE CITY — Candidates seeking to replace Democratic state Sen. Ben McAdams are scheduled to participate in a debate.
The ABU Education Fund, an affiliate of Alliance for a Better UTAH, will host the Senate District 2 debate Nov. 27 at 7 p.m. at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts.
McAdams resigned after being elected Salt Lake County mayor earlier this month. Democrats seeking to fill the two years remaining on his term have until Nov. 26 to file with the Salt Lake County Democratic Party. Democratic delegates will meet Dec. 1 to choose his replacement.
Utah State Democratic Party Chairman Jim Dabakis, outgoing Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon, former Salt Lake County Councilwoman Jenny Wilson, state Rep. Brian Doughty, Will Carlson, Robert Comstock, Mark Martinez and Jon Watkins have filed for the seat.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15