Jimmer Watch: Jimmer Fredette sees mixed results in Week 3 of the NBA season
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Jimmer Fredette's shooting went down, but his assists went up in a somewhat uneven Week 3 of play.
The former BYU great logged time in all three games Sacramento played last week, but saw a big decrease of PT after logging 25 minutes in Tuesday's 103-86 loss to Portland. The increase in minutes against Portland was largely due to guard Aaron Brooks going down with injury early and Isaiah Thomas missing the entire game due to personal reasons.
Fredette provided 13 points on 5-for-12 shooting from the field and 3-for-4 shooting from the line in the loss. He was 0-for-3 from 3-point range, but did dish a career-high six assists.
In his next two games Fredette saw seven and 10 minutes of play against Atlanta and Brooklyn, respectively. He struggled with his shot in both games, going just 1-for-6 from the field combined with his one make being a 3-pointer against Brooklyn.
The Kings lost all three games last week and are struggling out of the gate with a 2-8 record. Sacramento coach Keith Smart continues to mention that lineup changes are coming and at least one blogger believes those changes should include Fredette seeing a larger role.
Overall Fredette has averaged 6.8 points per game and 10.1 minutes. He's shooting 51.2 percent from the field, 37.5 percent from 3-point range and 91.7 percent from the line. He also averages just one assist per game and 0.3 steals.
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24