Jimmer Watch: Jimmer Fredette sees mixed results in Week 3 of the NBA season
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Jimmer Fredette's shooting went down, but his assists went up in a somewhat uneven Week 3 of play.
The former BYU great logged time in all three games Sacramento played last week, but saw a big decrease of PT after logging 25 minutes in Tuesday's 103-86 loss to Portland. The increase in minutes against Portland was largely due to guard Aaron Brooks going down with injury early and Isaiah Thomas missing the entire game due to personal reasons.
Fredette provided 13 points on 5-for-12 shooting from the field and 3-for-4 shooting from the line in the loss. He was 0-for-3 from 3-point range, but did dish a career-high six assists.
In his next two games Fredette saw seven and 10 minutes of play against Atlanta and Brooklyn, respectively. He struggled with his shot in both games, going just 1-for-6 from the field combined with his one make being a 3-pointer against Brooklyn.
The Kings lost all three games last week and are struggling out of the gate with a 2-8 record. Sacramento coach Keith Smart continues to mention that lineup changes are coming and at least one blogger believes those changes should include Fredette seeing a larger role.
Overall Fredette has averaged 6.8 points per game and 10.1 minutes. He's shooting 51.2 percent from the field, 37.5 percent from 3-point range and 91.7 percent from the line. He also averages just one assist per game and 0.3 steals.
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Friday fracas: Trevor Booker nearly hit, gets...
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most worthy of...
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19 in AP,...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA:...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 65
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 44
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 29
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense could use... 24
- Friday morning QB: Three stars and five... 23