Jimmer Watch: Jimmer Fredette sees mixed results in Week 3 of the NBA season
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Jimmer Fredette's shooting went down, but his assists went up in a somewhat uneven Week 3 of play.
The former BYU great logged time in all three games Sacramento played last week, but saw a big decrease of PT after logging 25 minutes in Tuesday's 103-86 loss to Portland. The increase in minutes against Portland was largely due to guard Aaron Brooks going down with injury early and Isaiah Thomas missing the entire game due to personal reasons.
Fredette provided 13 points on 5-for-12 shooting from the field and 3-for-4 shooting from the line in the loss. He was 0-for-3 from 3-point range, but did dish a career-high six assists.
In his next two games Fredette saw seven and 10 minutes of play against Atlanta and Brooklyn, respectively. He struggled with his shot in both games, going just 1-for-6 from the field combined with his one make being a 3-pointer against Brooklyn.
The Kings lost all three games last week and are struggling out of the gate with a 2-8 record. Sacramento coach Keith Smart continues to mention that lineup changes are coming and at least one blogger believes those changes should include Fredette seeing a larger role.
Overall Fredette has averaged 6.8 points per game and 10.1 minutes. He's shooting 51.2 percent from the field, 37.5 percent from 3-point range and 91.7 percent from the line. He also averages just one assist per game and 0.3 steals.
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 42
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 21
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14