Utah Utes football: Utah hanging with Arizona's high-powered offense, down 17-14 at halftime
Utah is down 17-14 at halftime after the Utes recovered a late fumble on the 3-yard line to prevent Arizona from taking a two-score lead into the locker room.
Utah took the lead with its first score of the game on a trick play. Offensive Coordinator Brian Johnson drew up a fake field goal and Utes kicker Coleman Petersen ran the ball in for the touchdown.
That came after two previous failed fourth-down attempts resulted in Utah turning the ball over to Arizona on downs.
Utah has had the ball on offense for the majority of the first half. However, the Utes have only 215 total yards compared to Arizona's 301.
Utah is led by running back John White with 67 yards. Tight end Jake Murphy has 47 yards and a touchdown.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utah State's Evans has been on a 'long journey'
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24