Utah Utes football: Utah hanging with Arizona's high-powered offense, down 17-14 at halftime
Utah is down 17-14 at halftime after the Utes recovered a late fumble on the 3-yard line to prevent Arizona from taking a two-score lead into the locker room.
Utah took the lead with its first score of the game on a trick play. Offensive Coordinator Brian Johnson drew up a fake field goal and Utes kicker Coleman Petersen ran the ball in for the touchdown.
That came after two previous failed fourth-down attempts resulted in Utah turning the ball over to Arizona on downs.
Utah has had the ball on offense for the majority of the first half. However, the Utes have only 215 total yards compared to Arizona's 301.
Utah is led by running back John White with 67 yards. Tight end Jake Murphy has 47 yards and a touchdown.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26