Utah Utes football: Utah hanging with Arizona's high-powered offense, down 17-14 at halftime
Utah is down 17-14 at halftime after the Utes recovered a late fumble on the 3-yard line to prevent Arizona from taking a two-score lead into the locker room.
Utah took the lead with its first score of the game on a trick play. Offensive Coordinator Brian Johnson drew up a fake field goal and Utes kicker Coleman Petersen ran the ball in for the touchdown.
That came after two previous failed fourth-down attempts resulted in Utah turning the ball over to Arizona on downs.
Utah has had the ball on offense for the majority of the first half. However, the Utes have only 215 total yards compared to Arizona's 301.
Utah is led by running back John White with 67 yards. Tight end Jake Murphy has 47 yards and a touchdown.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay forever
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- BYU football: Baker Pritchard discusses...
- Dick Harmon: Many expect Jabari Parker to...
- Surviving the unthinkable: Utah lineman who...
- Forget Kaepernick, Taysom Hill should be...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 51
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 50
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 44
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 36
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24