Utah Utes football: Utah hanging with Arizona's high-powered offense, down 17-14 at halftime
Utah is down 17-14 at halftime after the Utes recovered a late fumble on the 3-yard line to prevent Arizona from taking a two-score lead into the locker room.
Utah took the lead with its first score of the game on a trick play. Offensive Coordinator Brian Johnson drew up a fake field goal and Utes kicker Coleman Petersen ran the ball in for the touchdown.
That came after two previous failed fourth-down attempts resulted in Utah turning the ball over to Arizona on downs.
Utah has had the ball on offense for the majority of the first half. However, the Utes have only 215 total yards compared to Arizona's 301.
Utah is led by running back John White with 67 yards. Tight end Jake Murphy has 47 yards and a touchdown.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 45
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 40
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25