Utah Utes football: Utah hanging with Arizona's high-powered offense, down 17-14 at halftime
Utah is down 17-14 at halftime after the Utes recovered a late fumble on the 3-yard line to prevent Arizona from taking a two-score lead into the locker room.
Utah took the lead with its first score of the game on a trick play. Offensive Coordinator Brian Johnson drew up a fake field goal and Utes kicker Coleman Petersen ran the ball in for the touchdown.
That came after two previous failed fourth-down attempts resulted in Utah turning the ball over to Arizona on downs.
Utah has had the ball on offense for the majority of the first half. However, the Utes have only 215 total yards compared to Arizona's 301.
Utah is led by running back John White with 67 yards. Tight end Jake Murphy has 47 yards and a touchdown.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34