BYU basketball: Cougars can't hold on, lose to Notre Dame in Brooklyn
Tyler Haws scored 21 points and grabbed six rebounds, but it wasn't enough as the BYU Cougars fell to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 78-68, in the consolation game of the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic in Brooklyn on Saturday.
Brandon Davies added 12 points and five rebounds for the Cougars (2-2), but foul trouble stymied him through much of the game. The Cougars also shot just 39 percent from the floor.
BYU led by a point at halftime, but they struggled to score against the Irish's zone defense. The Cougars only made 3 out of 14 3-point attempts for the game.
Meanwhile, forward Jack Cooley and guard Jerian Grant scored 19 points each to lead Notre Dame (3-1). Seventeen of Grant's 19 points came in the second half.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: TheShums
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28