BYU basketball: Cougars can't hold on, lose to Notre Dame in Brooklyn
Tyler Haws scored 21 points and grabbed six rebounds, but it wasn't enough as the BYU Cougars fell to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 78-68, in the consolation game of the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic in Brooklyn on Saturday.
Brandon Davies added 12 points and five rebounds for the Cougars (2-2), but foul trouble stymied him through much of the game. The Cougars also shot just 39 percent from the floor.
BYU led by a point at halftime, but they struggled to score against the Irish's zone defense. The Cougars only made 3 out of 14 3-point attempts for the game.
Meanwhile, forward Jack Cooley and guard Jerian Grant scored 19 points each to lead Notre Dame (3-1). Seventeen of Grant's 19 points came in the second half.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: TheShums
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 48
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45