LOUISVILLE, Kent. – In his second and final trip to the NCAA Cross Country Championships Saturday, Utah Valley University's Joshua McCabe placed 94th overall with the time of 30:39.8 in the 10K race held at E.P. "Tom" Saywer Park in Louisville.
"He ran a really good time and to finish in the Top 100 in the county is pretty solid with all the good teams and individuals," UVU cross-country coach Scott Houle said. "It's pretty impressive."
He ran the first 2K Saturday in 5:49; 3000m in 9:26; 5000m, 14:52; 10,000m, 20:51; and at the five-mile mark he was at 24:32.
"It is really nice to start getting kids coming to UVU that can be one of the top runners in the country," Houle said. "The way he represented UVU in the NCAAs is great for our program, athletic department and University, we're very proud of that."
Oklahoma State won its third national championship in four years with four runners finishing in the Top 17. The Cowboys finished with 72 points, and they were followed by Wisconsin (135) and Colorado (138).
In his first NCAA appearance in November 2010 in Terre Haute, Ind., McCabe was hampered by an injury and placed 242 with the time of 33:42.3.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- BYU's Mendenhall not surprised Petersen left...
- Update: Christensen named Utah's new...
- High school basketball: Friday's prep roundup
- Dick Harmon: Can Dave Rose's Cougars regroup...
- Ute standout Bronzell Miller dies at 42
- Utah Jazz: Millslammed! Former Jazz players,...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin didn't...
- BYU faces No. 13 Oregon — another...
- Update: Christensen named Utah's new... 108
- BYU's Kyle Van Noy named CBSSports.com... 43
- Commentary: For the Jazz, it's all... 32
- Utah basketball: Utes top Texas State,... 32
- BYU football: Cougars return to... 31
- Local college football: Cougars, Utes... 30
- BYU basketball: Cougars moving on after... 27
- Dick Harmon: Duane Hardy, Dave Rose... 21