LOUISVILLE, Kent. – In his second and final trip to the NCAA Cross Country Championships Saturday, Utah Valley University's Joshua McCabe placed 94th overall with the time of 30:39.8 in the 10K race held at E.P. "Tom" Saywer Park in Louisville.
"He ran a really good time and to finish in the Top 100 in the county is pretty solid with all the good teams and individuals," UVU cross-country coach Scott Houle said. "It's pretty impressive."
He ran the first 2K Saturday in 5:49; 3000m in 9:26; 5000m, 14:52; 10,000m, 20:51; and at the five-mile mark he was at 24:32.
"It is really nice to start getting kids coming to UVU that can be one of the top runners in the country," Houle said. "The way he represented UVU in the NCAAs is great for our program, athletic department and University, we're very proud of that."
Oklahoma State won its third national championship in four years with four runners finishing in the Top 17. The Cowboys finished with 72 points, and they were followed by Wisconsin (135) and Colorado (138).
In his first NCAA appearance in November 2010 in Terre Haute, Ind., McCabe was hampered by an injury and placed 242 with the time of 33:42.3.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19