LOUISVILLE, Kent. – In his second and final trip to the NCAA Cross Country Championships Saturday, Utah Valley University's Joshua McCabe placed 94th overall with the time of 30:39.8 in the 10K race held at E.P. "Tom" Saywer Park in Louisville.
"He ran a really good time and to finish in the Top 100 in the county is pretty solid with all the good teams and individuals," UVU cross-country coach Scott Houle said. "It's pretty impressive."
He ran the first 2K Saturday in 5:49; 3000m in 9:26; 5000m, 14:52; 10,000m, 20:51; and at the five-mile mark he was at 24:32.
"It is really nice to start getting kids coming to UVU that can be one of the top runners in the country," Houle said. "The way he represented UVU in the NCAAs is great for our program, athletic department and University, we're very proud of that."
Oklahoma State won its third national championship in four years with four runners finishing in the Top 17. The Cowboys finished with 72 points, and they were followed by Wisconsin (135) and Colorado (138).
In his first NCAA appearance in November 2010 in Terre Haute, Ind., McCabe was hampered by an injury and placed 242 with the time of 33:42.3.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 58
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 47