LOUISVILLE, Kent. – In his second and final trip to the NCAA Cross Country Championships Saturday, Utah Valley University's Joshua McCabe placed 94th overall with the time of 30:39.8 in the 10K race held at E.P. "Tom" Saywer Park in Louisville.
"He ran a really good time and to finish in the Top 100 in the county is pretty solid with all the good teams and individuals," UVU cross-country coach Scott Houle said. "It's pretty impressive."
He ran the first 2K Saturday in 5:49; 3000m in 9:26; 5000m, 14:52; 10,000m, 20:51; and at the five-mile mark he was at 24:32.
"It is really nice to start getting kids coming to UVU that can be one of the top runners in the country," Houle said. "The way he represented UVU in the NCAAs is great for our program, athletic department and University, we're very proud of that."
Oklahoma State won its third national championship in four years with four runners finishing in the Top 17. The Cowboys finished with 72 points, and they were followed by Wisconsin (135) and Colorado (138).
In his first NCAA appearance in November 2010 in Terre Haute, Ind., McCabe was hampered by an injury and placed 242 with the time of 33:42.3.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7