High school football: Timpview beats Mountain Crest in double overtime to win 4A title
SALT LAKE CITY — The Timpview Thunderbirds rallied from an early deficit to defeat Mountain Crest in double overtime of the 4A state championship game, 38-31, at Rice-Eccles Stadium on Friday evening.
Timpview trailed 17-14 at the start of the fourth quarter before scoring 10 points in the final period, including a 31-yard field goal by Tyler Solorzano as time ran out, to send the game to OT.
Lloyd scored Timpview's touchdown in the second extra period, rushing from 7 yards out.
The Thunderbird then defense stifled Mountain Crest's offense, allowing just four plays and ending the game with a 3-yard sack of Hall.
The Thunderbirds last won the 4A championship in 2009.
Sarah Thomas is a graduate of the University of Utah and has been covering sports for the Deseret News since 2008.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49