Man dies after driving off road in Little Cottonwood Canyon
LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON — A 37-year-old man died after falling into a ravine while driving down Little Cottonwood Canyon Thursday night.
Jeremy Chase spoke with his family around 6 p.m. Thursday and told them he was driving down the canyon on his way home, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
Hoyal said Chase's family called police about 3 a.m. Friday to report him missing and then went looking for him.
"Throughout the day, his family had been searching for him, and they located him at about 3:30 p.m.," Hoyal said. "They located the wreckage and contacted us."
Chase's vehicle was found 30 feet down a ravine just above Tanner's Campground. Hoyal said that it was in a place that was not visible from the road.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11