Man dies after driving off road in Little Cottonwood Canyon
LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON — A 37-year-old man died after falling into a ravine while driving down Little Cottonwood Canyon Thursday night.
Jeremy Chase spoke with his family around 6 p.m. Thursday and told them he was driving down the canyon on his way home, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
Hoyal said Chase's family called police about 3 a.m. Friday to report him missing and then went looking for him.
"Throughout the day, his family had been searching for him, and they located him at about 3:30 p.m.," Hoyal said. "They located the wreckage and contacted us."
Chase's vehicle was found 30 feet down a ravine just above Tanner's Campground. Hoyal said that it was in a place that was not visible from the road.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8