Man dies after driving off road in Little Cottonwood Canyon
LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON — A 37-year-old man died after falling into a ravine while driving down Little Cottonwood Canyon Thursday night.
Jeremy Chase spoke with his family around 6 p.m. Thursday and told them he was driving down the canyon on his way home, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
Hoyal said Chase's family called police about 3 a.m. Friday to report him missing and then went looking for him.
"Throughout the day, his family had been searching for him, and they located him at about 3:30 p.m.," Hoyal said. "They located the wreckage and contacted us."
Chase's vehicle was found 30 feet down a ravine just above Tanner's Campground. Hoyal said that it was in a place that was not visible from the road.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8