LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON — A 37-year-old man died after falling into a ravine while driving down Little Cottonwood Canyon Thursday night.
Jeremy Chase spoke with his family around 6 p.m. Thursday and told them he was driving down the canyon on his way home, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
Hoyal said Chase's family called police about 3 a.m. Friday to report him missing and then went looking for him.
"Throughout the day, his family had been searching for him, and they located him at about 3:30 p.m.," Hoyal said. "They located the wreckage and contacted us."
Chase's vehicle was found 30 feet down a ravine just above Tanner's Campground. Hoyal said that it was in a place that was not visible from the road.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24