Man dies after driving off road in Little Cottonwood Canyon
LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON — A 37-year-old man died after falling into a ravine while driving down Little Cottonwood Canyon Thursday night.
Jeremy Chase spoke with his family around 6 p.m. Thursday and told them he was driving down the canyon on his way home, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
Hoyal said Chase's family called police about 3 a.m. Friday to report him missing and then went looking for him.
"Throughout the day, his family had been searching for him, and they located him at about 3:30 p.m.," Hoyal said. "They located the wreckage and contacted us."
Chase's vehicle was found 30 feet down a ravine just above Tanner's Campground. Hoyal said that it was in a place that was not visible from the road.
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Work on Canyon Road in Spanish Fork underway
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 41
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 33
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21