Evan Meets World YouTube series
Bangkok help: Evan of the YouTube series "Evan Meets World" takes us on a virtual tour of "Helping Hands for Bangkok" as Mormons work together to bring much needed flood supplies to those affected by the heavy rains and flooding there. I love how the woman shouting instructions calls the church "The Church of Jesus." Watch as people walk waist-deep in water to help one another. And many of the "Helping Hands" are Mormons who were also flooded out of their homes. But still they went out to help others. Wow.
YouTube safety: “3. Turn on YouTube Safety Mode.” Ever heard of that? This is one of “7 Tips for YouTube Safety” that outline some important ways you can explore YouTube. Check out all seven. And let me add one more: QuietTube is a nice bookmark-worthy button that allows you to safely share videos with friends and family without having the additional “suggestions” along the side that can sometimes be suggestive. You'll notice my example of one in the Bangkok link above. Check it out.
Cookie brownies: How could “Brownies with Cookie Dough Frosting” not be good? Notice I didn’t say “good for you,” but I think this recipe looks incredibly, decadently delicious. A fun weekend treat! Enjoy.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 128
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 32
- LDS statement could move Utah... 13
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Republican White House maybes court... 8