Evan Meets World YouTube series
Bangkok help: Evan of the YouTube series "Evan Meets World" takes us on a virtual tour of "Helping Hands for Bangkok" as Mormons work together to bring much needed flood supplies to those affected by the heavy rains and flooding there. I love how the woman shouting instructions calls the church "The Church of Jesus." Watch as people walk waist-deep in water to help one another. And many of the "Helping Hands" are Mormons who were also flooded out of their homes. But still they went out to help others. Wow.
YouTube safety: “3. Turn on YouTube Safety Mode.” Ever heard of that? This is one of “7 Tips for YouTube Safety” that outline some important ways you can explore YouTube. Check out all seven. And let me add one more: QuietTube is a nice bookmark-worthy button that allows you to safely share videos with friends and family without having the additional “suggestions” along the side that can sometimes be suggestive. You'll notice my example of one in the Bangkok link above. Check it out.
Cookie brownies: How could “Brownies with Cookie Dough Frosting” not be good? Notice I didn’t say “good for you,” but I think this recipe looks incredibly, decadently delicious. A fun weekend treat! Enjoy.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Public invited to funeral services for Sister...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Woman told she would never walk, talk defies...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 32
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 22
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17
- Hundreds of teens in Southern... 12
- Public invited to funeral services for... 9