MORGAN — The Federal Aviation Administration began its investigation Friday into a fatal plane crash in Morgan County.
The body of Darren Tidwell, 50, of Huntsville, the pilot and lone occupant of the plane, was recovered Thursday night, according to the Morgan County Sheriff's Office.
Tidwell took off from Morgan about 6:30 p.m. Thursday en route to Logan but crashed shortly after takeoff, about five miles away in a remote and rugged area.
The sheriff's office said Tidwell was an experienced pilot. He is listed as an FAA registered aircraft manufacturer and dealer.
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Top Ten Spring Activities for Utah Families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 76
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 61
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24