Pilot's body recovered; FAA investigating Morgan crash
MORGAN — The Federal Aviation Administration began its investigation Friday into a fatal plane crash in Morgan County.
The body of Darren Tidwell, 50, of Huntsville, the pilot and lone occupant of the plane, was recovered Thursday night, according to the Morgan County Sheriff's Office.
Tidwell took off from Morgan about 6:30 p.m. Thursday en route to Logan but crashed shortly after takeoff, about five miles away in a remote and rugged area.
The sheriff's office said Tidwell was an experienced pilot. He is listed as an FAA registered aircraft manufacturer and dealer.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8