MORGAN — The Federal Aviation Administration began its investigation Friday into a fatal plane crash in Morgan County.
The body of Darren Tidwell, 50, of Huntsville, the pilot and lone occupant of the plane, was recovered Thursday night, according to the Morgan County Sheriff's Office.
Tidwell took off from Morgan about 6:30 p.m. Thursday en route to Logan but crashed shortly after takeoff, about five miles away in a remote and rugged area.
The sheriff's office said Tidwell was an experienced pilot. He is listed as an FAA registered aircraft manufacturer and dealer.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Photos: Olympian Noelle Pikus-Pace speaks to...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- 'We're not going to stop'
- No money for House Speaker Becky Lockhart's...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 34
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 23
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 16
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 11