Pilot's body recovered; FAA investigating Morgan crash
MORGAN — The Federal Aviation Administration began its investigation Friday into a fatal plane crash in Morgan County.
The body of Darren Tidwell, 50, of Huntsville, the pilot and lone occupant of the plane, was recovered Thursday night, according to the Morgan County Sheriff's Office.
Tidwell took off from Morgan about 6:30 p.m. Thursday en route to Logan but crashed shortly after takeoff, about five miles away in a remote and rugged area.
The sheriff's office said Tidwell was an experienced pilot. He is listed as an FAA registered aircraft manufacturer and dealer.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23