MORGAN — The Federal Aviation Administration began its investigation Friday into a fatal plane crash in Morgan County.
The body of Darren Tidwell, 50, of Huntsville, the pilot and lone occupant of the plane, was recovered Thursday night, according to the Morgan County Sheriff's Office.
Tidwell took off from Morgan about 6:30 p.m. Thursday en route to Logan but crashed shortly after takeoff, about five miles away in a remote and rugged area.
The sheriff's office said Tidwell was an experienced pilot. He is listed as an FAA registered aircraft manufacturer and dealer.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Steven Powell will not be released from...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- LDS Church submits temporary Provo MTC plans...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 58
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 44
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 17
- New law banning teen drivers from... 16