Police searching for woman who robbed smoke shop accompanied by child
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police are looking for a woman accused of robbing a smoke shop at gunpoint, accompanied by a young child.
Police said a thin woman in her mid-to-late 20s entered the smoke shop at 3392 S. 5600 West about 4 p.m. Saturday and began to make a purchase. She was described as white or Hispanic and about 5 feet 6 inches tall.
As the sale was being made, a boy believed to be between 10 and 12 years old handed the shop attendant a note demanding money, and the woman revealed a handgun. The woman and boy were seen leaving in an older model Dodge Durango that was either silver or gray.
Police say the woman should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information can contact West Valley City Police at 801-840-4000.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16