Police searching for woman who robbed smoke shop accompanied by child
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police are looking for a woman accused of robbing a smoke shop at gunpoint, accompanied by a young child.
Police said a thin woman in her mid-to-late 20s entered the smoke shop at 3392 S. 5600 West about 4 p.m. Saturday and began to make a purchase. She was described as white or Hispanic and about 5 feet 6 inches tall.
As the sale was being made, a boy believed to be between 10 and 12 years old handed the shop attendant a note demanding money, and the woman revealed a handgun. The woman and boy were seen leaving in an older model Dodge Durango that was either silver or gray.
Police say the woman should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information can contact West Valley City Police at 801-840-4000.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16