Police searching for woman who robbed smoke shop accompanied by child
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police are looking for a woman accused of robbing a smoke shop at gunpoint, accompanied by a young child.
Police said a thin woman in her mid-to-late 20s entered the smoke shop at 3392 S. 5600 West about 4 p.m. Saturday and began to make a purchase. She was described as white or Hispanic and about 5 feet 6 inches tall.
As the sale was being made, a boy believed to be between 10 and 12 years old handed the shop attendant a note demanding money, and the woman revealed a handgun. The woman and boy were seen leaving in an older model Dodge Durango that was either silver or gray.
Police say the woman should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information can contact West Valley City Police at 801-840-4000.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12