Police searching for woman who robbed smoke shop accompanied by child
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police are looking for a woman accused of robbing a smoke shop at gunpoint, accompanied by a young child.
Police said a thin woman in her mid-to-late 20s entered the smoke shop at 3392 S. 5600 West about 4 p.m. Saturday and began to make a purchase. She was described as white or Hispanic and about 5 feet 6 inches tall.
As the sale was being made, a boy believed to be between 10 and 12 years old handed the shop attendant a note demanding money, and the woman revealed a handgun. The woman and boy were seen leaving in an older model Dodge Durango that was either silver or gray.
Police say the woman should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information can contact West Valley City Police at 801-840-4000.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26