Police searching for woman who robbed smoke shop accompanied by child
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police are looking for a woman accused of robbing a smoke shop at gunpoint, accompanied by a young child.
Police said a thin woman in her mid-to-late 20s entered the smoke shop at 3392 S. 5600 West about 4 p.m. Saturday and began to make a purchase. She was described as white or Hispanic and about 5 feet 6 inches tall.
As the sale was being made, a boy believed to be between 10 and 12 years old handed the shop attendant a note demanding money, and the woman revealed a handgun. The woman and boy were seen leaving in an older model Dodge Durango that was either silver or gray.
Police say the woman should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information can contact West Valley City Police at 801-840-4000.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 25
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Granite School District reaches... 18