Utah State basketball: Poor shooting dooms Aggies in home loss to Saint Mary's
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Despite having an excellent game on the glass, the Utah State Aggies couldn't overcome a cold shooting night in a 67-58 loss to Saint Mary's in Logan on Thursday night.
The Aggies used their size to battle to a 49-30 rebounding advantage, including 23 offensive boards. But they shot just 32 percent from the floor and made only 15 of 24 at the free-throw line.
Saint Mary's led for most of the game and all of the second half. The Aggies closed the margin to five points late in the game, but missed free throws prevented them from getting any closer.
Center Jarred Shaw led the Aggies with 17 points along with 15 rebounds. Point guard Matthew Dellavedova tallied 21 points for the Gaels.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: TheShums
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28