Utah State basketball: Poor shooting dooms Aggies in home loss to Saint Mary's
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Despite having an excellent game on the glass, the Utah State Aggies couldn't overcome a cold shooting night in a 67-58 loss to Saint Mary's in Logan on Thursday night.
The Aggies used their size to battle to a 49-30 rebounding advantage, including 23 offensive boards. But they shot just 32 percent from the floor and made only 15 of 24 at the free-throw line.
Saint Mary's led for most of the game and all of the second half. The Aggies closed the margin to five points late in the game, but missed free throws prevented them from getting any closer.
Center Jarred Shaw led the Aggies with 17 points along with 15 rebounds. Point guard Matthew Dellavedova tallied 21 points for the Gaels.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: TheShums
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25