Utah State basketball: Poor shooting dooms Aggies in home loss to Saint Mary's
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Despite having an excellent game on the glass, the Utah State Aggies couldn't overcome a cold shooting night in a 67-58 loss to Saint Mary's in Logan on Thursday night.
The Aggies used their size to battle to a 49-30 rebounding advantage, including 23 offensive boards. But they shot just 32 percent from the floor and made only 15 of 24 at the free-throw line.
Saint Mary's led for most of the game and all of the second half. The Aggies closed the margin to five points late in the game, but missed free throws prevented them from getting any closer.
Center Jarred Shaw led the Aggies with 17 points along with 15 rebounds. Point guard Matthew Dellavedova tallied 21 points for the Gaels.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: TheShums
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 39
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26